Mondial t values up! | FerrariChat

Mondial t values up!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ProCoach, May 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Latest price guide in FML lists Mondial t Coupes up 19.7% in the last six months! Only car to do better is the Daytona Coupe, other than very early cars.

348SStb, Allen S., Michael B., gmark340, Jim & Carol and I are in GREAT SHAPE! I'll tell you, after the first week, this car is as much or more than I ever thought it would be. It is SWEET! Maybe just because it is now MINE!

Frankly, I don't care what the values are. I'm having just as much fun as if the prices stayed static. What this means though is that there are now more and more people realizing what we already know! These cars are GEMS!

-Peter (can't stand it, gotta go downstairs and rub on her a little more. NO, the CAR, silly!)

2. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
  3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  4. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr

YEE HAW! some great news today! my T coupe is doing better then my stocks are...

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    David, that's for a clapped out Cab, not a Coupe! MUCH more common! <grin>

-Peter

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Hell, even the 8 coupes are on the rise. Maybe people are actually figuring out that these are great cars.

7. peteskie

peteskie Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    Oakville ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    #8 peteskie, May 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Works for me!! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    When I first joined Fchat the tone on the Mondial versions felt down. And the Mondial "T" seemed basically unknown.

These days however, the Mondial (and even more so the "T" version) has been getting some well deserved kudos. The Mondial 3.2 coupe that was in the Forza mag article brought some light on to the subject for sure.

Additionally it seems as if we have an active and growing Mondial owners group on here. And we all seem to be pretty easy to get along with, and add a positive light to the site often enough.

I have read a lot of threads in the last few years that has shed light to many Fchaters about the Mondial and of course the "T" version. And you know what they say... Knowledge is power.

I am sure all of this has contributed in some way to the price increase. So congratulations to each & every one of us for a job well done on getting the word out.

9. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    This elevation was inevitable, and will continue IMHO.
    When a car is both good and has a small production run, values begin to rise around 20 years later. The fact that T Coupes are rising slightly earlier bodes well for the future, which will pull other Mondials along with it. May have to source another T for the lock-up....

10. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Most interesting, though we have absolutely NO plans to part with her. These cars are, IOHO, greatly underrated and under valued. At the risk of repeating ourselves, again, our t Coupe has turned out to be the perfect F-car for us. Sophia has found a permanent home.
    Ciao,
    John & Carol

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    As has my Rachel:)
    Ciao,
    Hank

12. gmark340

gmark340 Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've certainly been enjoying mine, driving it every day I can. It does have its few quirks. This week it's no fourth gear until driven for 10-15 minutes but two months ago instead of fourth it was second. Other than that, it's been great to drive and the windows even go up and down relatively quickly!

13. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    308QV prices up too

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I guess I need to subscribe to FML so I can be hip to all this great gossip.

How are Blue '83 Mondial QV's doing in the market? Not that we're selling.

Birdman

15. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    #16 Fyrrari, Jun 2, 2006
    I agree with everything said here, and just to help the cause my museum quality 91 Mondial Cab "t" is now for sale. It has less than 4,000 miles on it and it is flawless. And by flawless, I mean flawless.

Asking price 200K

As a back up I will just continue to drive and enjoy this car as planned until sold!!!

I hope you know I am doing this purely for the brotherhood...

16. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Peter, good to hear the t Coupe is exceeding your expectations. You did good!

17. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Well, it's FUN! When people ask me about potential F-car purchases, I tell them "buy what you like and you won't be disappointed." I just followed my own advice.

The fact that the "values" (a car is really only worth what someone will pay for it) are up just shows that this cloistered appreciation among the "sub-brotherhood" is finally leaking out among the "general prison population!" <grin>

I have ZERO interest in getting rid of this car, I have coveted it for sixteen year and I FINALLY got it! I'm a happy man, and so are other t Coupe owners, it would appear. <very big grin>

-Peter

18. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark

19. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    It's an index of the asking price, as there is no way to verify actual selling prices. It seems to be indicative of "market" trends, not pure-t (pun intended <grin>) dollar figures. When it goes up, it's encouraging because it indicates that folks feel comfortable asking a little more than they have in the past because there is more interest in that particular model or configuration. When it's down over time, it seems to reflect the more standard "depreciation" of more normal cars. What is entertaining is to look at all my back issues!

The FML API "asking price index" is just another set of statistics, but one driven and credible with decades of accumulated data. YMMV.

-Peter

20. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Sorry. There is a saying in German that "love makes blind" (supposedly there is something similar in English). And this is exactly what I sense in this thread.

Let´s be realistic: None of the Mondials, not even the t, has the beauty of a 308 or 328. They will always remain just used cars and the most important thing that differs them from other cars - and explains the current price level which is already quite high - is the Ferrari badge.

I like the car b/c of it´s strange layout (mid-engined, 4-seater, high revving engine, convertible ...) and the feeling while driving it, but everyone with a little more sanity than mine would prefer a new car with the same performance for the same price. If it wasn´t for the extra 2 seats for the kids I would be driving a 355 spider.

As long as a 250 GTE or Boxer can be had for around 70K or 80k EUR it is hard for me to imagine that an average t coupé will sell for more than 25k EUR or a t Cab for more than 35k EUR.

21. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    I understand your point "AR" but there is only 42 t coupes here in the states, that makes them a bit more rare then back in europe where there are plenty to go around,

Love is blind,

22. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #23 sjmst, Jun 4, 2006
    Well, I like the Mondial's looks. Always did. Like the 308 and 328 too, but I DO think the Mondial is attractive in its own subtle (for an exotic) way.
    Now, I guess some people find the following attractive. A 'to each his own" thing:

23. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    You have the light blue coupe with 348 rims? Are we parking next to eachother this month at some shows?

24. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Wow, that´s really a freak show ;-)

As to the looks of the Mondial: I couple of days ago a red t Coupé overtook me while driving in my Alfa Spider on the autobahn. I saw it coming in the mirror and than I heared the beautiful engine sound .. .. well, it was the first time since the start of my ownership I saw another Mondial while driving. I was truly impressed by the visual and acoustical appearance of the car. From the expression on my face the t driver must have thought that never before in my life I have seen a Ferrari ^^