Mondial T Doors | FerrariChat

Mondial T Doors

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JLF, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I am considering taking my doors apart to make sure all the nuts inside are snug and lube anything that needs to be lubed. Can you guys tell me what needs to be lubed and what kind of lubricant to use?

Jerry

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The factory used white grease (at least they did in my 1988 car) it does not degrade plastic and some of the bits inside have nylon and other plastics. WD 40 brand now has a spray formula of white grease, which might help get some lube where you want it.

You can also use a silicone based grease, the type used for brake pins and sliders is a good all purpose grease that is also plastic/rubber safe.

Might slap a piece of butyl rubber dynamat on the metal door panel while you are in there. A small 6" x 12" piece stuck in the middle of the door will make the door shut with a bit more thunk.

I also spray a bit of rust proofer on the base, so you get some to seep into any sheet metal seems down there. Don't spray inside and make a mess, just some on the bottom which can creep i nto a seam. Even in dry areas you can get some condensation and this solves for that.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JLF likes this.
  3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    JLF likes this.
  4. markcoopers

markcoopers Rookie

Feb 28, 2013
    If you spray any grease into the door bottoms, make sure you do not block any drain holes. Just personal experience found on another car

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada