Mondial QV Distributor cap screws | FerrariChat

Mondial QV Distributor cap screws

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ctkellett, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    I am in the middle of some service on my car and it seems that one of the small brass pointed screws that connects the distributor cap contact - coil wire was gone AWOL. I have tried all of the normal spots to get one but I have ,up until this point, had no luck. Dealer just laughed at me, most of the other normal spots had nothing unless I wanted to buy a new $500 set of caps. Anyone out there sitting on a bad 308/mondial qv cap that they might be able to part this piece out? It is just killing me that the car is sitting due to this. Any leads would be a big big help. Thanks

All the best,

Chris

2. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

My Lotus pointy screws are an off the shelf item; won't a local hardware store have something you can use? They're just pointy screws, right?

Ken

3. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    I have never seen them, but that is not to say that they are not their. They are almost the same shape and size as a weber jet needle. If I have to i guess that I could just use an a standard screw and expose the core wire of the coil lead but I am still holding out some hope for the right part first.

All the best,

Chris

4. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I lost one of the screws on my GT4 down a crack in the driveway. The exact same screws were used on many 50s/60s British Lucas distributors. An old A-H 3000 cap screw worked in my cap.

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Many Fiats used distributor caps that have these "lance" screws too.

6. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    Thanks for the info folks, I think that someone has come though on this. Thank goodness for this site and the folks and info on it.

All the best,

Chris