Mondial QV 3.0 Crankcase number location "how to find ?" | FerrariChat

Mondial QV 3.0 Crankcase number location "how to find ?"

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Il cavalino, Apr 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il cavalino

Il cavalino Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Perth, Western Australia
    Full Name:
    Marc Presenza
    Hey Guy's I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find, or determine what the 'crankcase number' is on a 308 QV engine ? I believe there are two variations and you need the number to determine what size bearings and seals for the cam shaft drive pulleys shafts. I have a 1985 Mondial QV Australian delivered. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers ! Marc- Perth, WA

2. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    The crankcase number is the 6 digit part number cast into the block in the vicinity of the exhaust ports. It is not the engine number stamped in the valley by the water pump.

Block #117598 takes a 32mm bearing, 40mm on the front cover.

Block #121386 takes a 37mm bearing, 44mm on the front cover.

Note the C3 bearing designation for the above.

https://www.skf.com/cn/en/products/bearings-units-housings/principles/general-bearing-knowledge/bearing-basics/internal-clearance/index.html

Being a 1985 car, I suspect you have the latter block #121386.

I strongly suggest you buy the workshop manual and the 1985 parts book for your car. You're flying blind without it and all the information you will require is in those two publications.

CJ

F106SJ, wrxmike and Maranello550 like this.