Mondial outer door handle | FerrariChat

Mondial outer door handle

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by theunissenguido, Oct 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Great info, thanks

3. John Hasty

John Hasty Rookie

Jul 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    John H. Hasty
    Yes, but they are chrome on my Alfa and painted on my t

4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I've had a number of Alfa Spiders over the years and thought that was a bit strange when I first bought my 3.2 that the same door handle would be painted and not chromed like on the Alfas. It seems like it would be just the opposite. I like the chromed look more and at some point will swap out my door handles for a set from an Alfa.

2cam

5. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Mine used to be chrome but in a later paintprocess painted in body color. So, you can choose what you like most.
    Guido

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Drewbdo likes this.
  6. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Those handles were neither Ferrari's nor Alfa's, they were Pininfarina's (zB Fiat 124)...
    Bertone had their own too, check what was used on in the Stratos, X1/9 and GT4 :)

MvT, Cadillacbart and theunissenguido like this.
  7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    De Pininfarina's Ferrari type has a minor difference. The handle itself has been blasted. Although many parts are extactly the same Ferrari made some subtle changes. De mirrors are the same as a BMW E3o, but de Ferrari ones have no heating and has de 'Ferrari' tekst on it.

8. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Inside the Ferrari house also used for 400 series :
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. jelliott

jelliott Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Joe Elliott
    Anyone still watching this thread? I'm curious if anyone's successfully used the door handle from a '70-93 Alfa Spider or '79-85 Fiat Spider on a Mondial. Obviously the same basic Pininfarina handle (chrome vs. matte vs. painted finish notwithstanding), but I'm curious if the interface to the lock mechanism is all the same or vehicle-specific. And also whether left and right are still left and right (i.e. they look the same but I think all three manufacturers have a different left vs. right part number, and if it's like some door handles shared between Alfa and Maserati, the left one on the Alfa might be the right one on the Ferrari).

Thanks,
    Joe

afterburner likes this.