Mondial Oil Drain Plug | FerrariChat

Mondial Oil Drain Plug

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by moysiuan, Dec 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Can someone tell me the thread size and pitch of the oil drain plug and tranny drain plug on a 1988 Mondial? I would like to replace with aeorquip quick drain fittings to make fluid changes simpler...

2. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    22mm x 1.5mm

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Just remember that you're reducing your ground clearance by the inch or so the fitting protrudes. The pan's bottom is flush w/the car's bottom pan.

4. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Verell beat me to the punch. I would not install anything on the bottom of the engine pan or the tranny other than the stock plug. You want that absolutely flush. If something were to hit the quick drain plug, you'd quickly drain your engine or tranny (or both if really unlucky), and the few seconds you'd save on an oil change would quickly be eaten up by the hours, days, weeks and months of grief you'd have to deal with over totally screwing up your car. IMHO, don't do it. Stick with the original plugs. In this case, it's safety over convenience.

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Thanks. The oil drain plug juts out kind of sideways from the finned pan, the tranny plug does look like a ground clearance problem.