Mondial off to the Ferrari shop | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Mondial off to the Ferrari shop

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial83, Jan 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    How's the car going Rodney, any niggles?
    Regards Bell.

2. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Haven't had a chance to drive it. I got it out of the shop in the middle of relocation to Nashville. I brought her home to my house in Louisville and she has sat in the garage since. Will be a few weeks before I even get to drive it. I did notice it has a oil leak. So back to the shop to fix what shouldn't be there in the first place.

3. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    So...any updates? What's the latest?

4. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    No I my gem is sitting in the garage I have not had any time to even look at it. I need to get her back to the mechanic just have not had any time. Snow is everywhere as well as ice so it's been at a stand still fir now. Hopefully in the next few months I will get her done. I will update in a week or so.

5. mjh366

mjh366 Karting

Jul 26, 2007
    Kerrville Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike hoskins
    Thanks for all this info and feed back . I was about to buy an 83 and now will not . It's to easy to end up upside down with this car. I have early 88 Testarossa and a 02 456M and this sounds like a model that is not worth the effort.

6. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    We like them round here.

7. mjh366

mjh366 Karting

Jul 26, 2007
    Kerrville Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike hoskins
    Thats good, take a look in the chat web sight under Ferraries There is a car in Dallas with only 21K miles for 16K it might be a good deal for someone. Has sat for a long time but has been started now and then. Good luck !

8. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Well when you buy a Ferrari and you know nothing about a Ferrari except it's logo such as myself that's what happens. I learned a very expensive lesson but it is not the cars fault it is the people in between that which mistreated the car most likely un deserving of it or could not afford to maintain it. I did my research after I bought the car DUH!!!!!!!! Right yup. Oh well I'm in too deep to turn back now. I love the car and it is fun to drive I will get it all straight and it will be worth it to me. Next Ferrari I buy I will know what I'm doing and purchase a better example. Problem with the Mondial 8 is there are only 703 ever made and depleting so maybe one day it will climb in value. If not then hey I still own a Ferrari.

9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Until recently you would end up upside down with a Testa too if you were unlucky. :) Like any Ferrari (or car) it needs TLC. IMHO your return of investment in a Mondi is in about 10 to 15 years. or perhaps more soon. who knows..

It's quite normal expenses here :) if you would buy a better one you would pay maybe 1 or 2k less. Obviously it is still money of course and you could drive for that money from coast to coast if not back.

10. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    MvT, I couldn't agree more about Mondial values. I think that after this bubble has popped maybe in a couple of years it will come around again. Also the Mondial 8 maybe the car that is the most valued in the end since there are so few around.
    I remember when buying my Countach that the LP400 was the cheapest and slowest car in the series, now it is the most prized, are we seeing a patern yet?
    Regards Bell

11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Ssst.. :p I didn't want to say that! However, most important I think is the "passion" of having "a" Ferrari is the real deal. And we are all passionate about the Mondis in particular. They are beautiful and fun to drive. They have the looks that most of us like and a some people don't. They won't let you down when you treat them good. Turning her on.., lights up a smile in your face. (Ehrr.. not sure about male Mondis Bell :) On sunny days she says 'please drive me!'. I don't have this with any other car I owned. The attention she asks from being on the streets is so much fun and you can become one with this car. It is a fantastic well build Italian classic super car, with some minor hickups.

I got to know a whole different community here in NL and in this section that have just one passion, which is called Ferrari. And Italy.., it is just by far most "the" country to drive your Ferrari or other Italian exotic. It's a feeling that you cannot describe.

I guess the whole write up is just one single word called Passion :)

12. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    I could not agree more. Well said.

13. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #138 Burch1, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The ECU is repaired, the A/C fixed, and now the 3.4 engine is out of the car!
    Left to do is the water pump replacement, valve timing adjustment, classique certification and the cat to straight pipes change out.
    Getting close (I hope!).
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Looking good. I'm still working out kinks on my engine before she goes to the paint shop. Good luck.

15. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Well after my girl has been back in the shop for two weeks for colLant and oil leaks. 300 dollars later for a hose that should have been replaced with the engine out. I am getting her back next week. If all is well with motor. It off to register it ���� I already have a paint shop waiting for her. Hopefully she will be road ready by July. Oh how I hope so.

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Greg, over the moon happy for you !! :):):)

Cheers,

Hank

17. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Greg, over the moon happy for you !! :):):)

Cheers,

Hank