Mondial Fan Speed Controller | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial Fan Speed Controller

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AndruL, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Haha, we've had this argument before ! You would be surprised at how many professional audio techs prefer WD-40 to other contact cleaners. WD-40 also does have a specific electrical contact cleaner product. I still prefer the original.

There are some cleaners so strong that they melt plastic, so you have to be careful. I say use whatever works best for you.

2. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    No argument. Just sharing experiences

3. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well I got my order of 25 transistors from EBAY and they all fail your test using this Pinout sequence. I cannot find any two pins that are open both ways.
    Suggestions

4. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Why are you trying to test your new transistors? They’re supposed to be good unless you got counterfeit parts. Also, you can’t really fully test transistors with a DMM. Just replace the damaged pnp in your fan speed controller, connect it back in your car and test your fan speed. If your other npn transistor in the air vent is good, you should be OK.

5. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I was able to get some time and install the transistor and reinstall the fan controller. Works great above 1/4 speed, below 1/4 it cycles on and off like its being turned on and off quickly. In the off position it also cycles on and off at a very low speed. When I got the old transistor off the board I could read the last part of its number and it looks like it's a 680A instead of the 680 I installed. Think that's the problem or ????
    Either way THANKS for the help, I GOT HEAT and FAN now!

6. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    That's how it's supposed to work. You want it fully off, push the OFF button. That's also help to prevent your air vent transistor from cooking itself to death.

7. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Guess I'll have to read the manual some day. LOL

Next is sorting the temperature control that isn't quite right either , it started out blowing hot air, then I turned it to cooler then back to warmer and it stayed cool. I'll get a repair kit for water valve. I sure hope its not a sensor or another failed electronics item.

THANKS again

8. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Flush your heater core.