Mondial convertible top tips- chime in. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mondial convertible top tips- chime in.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MondiAl87, Mar 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willie1234

Willie1234 Rookie

Jul 18, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Wim
    I found another suggestion for the latches on the site of a german roofmaker. I have no experience with it. But the idea seems to fit in this thread.
    https://www.ck-cabrio.de/verdecke/cabrioverdecke-von-a-z/ferrari-mondial-spider-verdeck-1980-1993/
    He advises the use of the latches of a Rolls-Royce Corniche. A german supplier offers these for 55-60 euros a piece.
    http://www.doepper-profile.de/artikeldetails.php5?z=12&kat=Ersatzteile~Verschlüsse + Scharniere&bez=Verdeckverschluß
    It is article number 97. Of course this is an unacceptable solution for someone who wants to keep his car fully original. But it saves a lot of money.

Drewbdo and moysiuan like this.
  2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Great ingenuity to find equal or better fitments, looks like a good quality latch. Could paint it black to make it look like a stock type of fitment. Great find.

ronfrohock likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I made a load of these earlier this year which went to the usa- there are people who are sitting on them as spares, so you just need to ask them

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    As an FYI,
    There are two reasons the latches fail, either the toggle breaks or the slider fails.
    I make replacement toggles and sliders that solve that problem forever.
    I also noticed that someone is selling replacement Toggles now on Ebay but his price is 2X my price. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app