Mondial Circuit board | FerrariChat

Mondial Circuit board

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Azorf, Jun 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azorf

Azorf Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1 Azorf, Jun 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello,
    The circuit (part number 60920600, the warning panel by the shift level on the center console) board on my 1985 Eurospec Mondial Cab is going away. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do for a replacement? Ferrari does not have the part anymore and at the moment I have not been able to locate it thru any of the usual suspects. Do you think it can be repaired? I have attached photos. It is just a small area that looks like it is starting to melt. I called some circuit board repair places I found on the Internet, they all were industrial only, non-automotive repair oriented.Is there some other make that uses the same board? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance,
    Peter
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    From the photos, I can see that your board has been repaired once already. (See the two black jumpers added in the top corner of the backside photo.)

Trace the newly burned circuit to its LED. Read the panel to see which circuit this is. (This circuit is drawing too much current.)

Which component is overheating on the top of the board..? (add photo)
    How is your underhood fuse block..?

Edwardo

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    The wires soldered to the back of the board could be a factory change. This is common.

Azorf, if you want to send it to me, I'll see what I can do. PM me.

Birdman

4. Azorf

Azorf Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #4 Azorf, Jul 1, 2006
    Hi,
    Thank you for your responses. I took a photo of the top side area that is above the blackened area on the bottom of the board, it looks like one of the "U" shaped items that is a wire bent over with a roundish cylinder on it, is the affected item, but I know nothing about these electronics so I don't really know. The fuse panel on the car is new.
    Thanks again for your input,
    Peter
    [email protected]

5. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #5 350HPMondial, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Magnum6464

Magnum6464 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Quebexico, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Azorf,

Find local shops in your areas that fix TV’s and VCR’s. They do replace parts on circuit boards all the time. They may ask you where it’s from…but I would hesitate to tell them it’s off a Ferrari. Just tell them it’s from an older car and leave at that. Every year I bring my car amps and equalizer to a TV shop to get the welds checked for cracks. The guy charges me $10 to $20 bucks to look at it and repair a few loose welds or replace a resistor here and there and he feels bad because he says because it’s not his usual work (car audio) he has to charge me something. Resistors and capacitors are very cheap usually worth a few dollars for a pack of 20 or 50 so one here and there is nothing.

They always ask “what does this go on ?” or “where is it from?”…..just ask “does anyone fix circuit boards and replace parts on them here ?” You will get either a yes or a no.

Good luck !

7. Swissmondial

Swissmondial Karting

May 7, 2005
    England
    Looking at the photo you took, you have a component drawing too much current, probably a resistor. But these dont just GO, they have too much current pulled through them from something else in the circuit. I doubt it would be the LED's, so check the lamps that were installed and make sure no one has put the wrong wattage in (too high). I also see that below the U shaped track that is burnt is a solder joint that looks like it has got hot too, and does not look like a good joint, maybe a dry or cold solder joint. If you have no luck with a local tv repair shop( the old hands on guys are becoming few and far between) you can PM me for my address and I can see what I can do for you in the way of fixing it.
    PS did this co-incide with the replacement of the fusebox

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You may also want to look for pinball and arcade game distributors/repair centers. They make these kinds of fixes all the time on older games

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    There's going to be one on Ebay tomorrow morning ;)