Mondial Central A/C vent replacement | FerrariChat

Mondial Central A/C vent replacement

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by snj5, Jan 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #1 snj5, Jan 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the Ferrari parts site, the infamous plastic Mondial Central Vent unit lists for 731.20 British Pounds Sterling, or around $1,200.

In practicing my newfound CAD skills, it looks like I can get emachineshop to make a piece that would replace the body of the central vent. Instead of the square central vents, it would simply pop in 3 of the round eyeball vents at used on the sides of the dash and rear tunnel panel. F-UK lists these at 13.78 BPS, or about $23 apiece, but I believe they may be the same as a much less expensive Alfa part. The estimate for the single piece billet aluminum (wow) part that would replace the center vent that would accept the 3 vents looks to be about $250 if we order 5 or more.

This piece would fit all Mondials I believe, M8 through t, and could be anodized black, brushed or natural aluminum

I will continue to play with this, and if anyone knows a movable vent piece that would snap in, I open to all advice.

Any interest out there?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    That's clever.