Mondial 8 questions | FerrariChat

Mondial 8 questions

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by smg2, Apr 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    okay a few ???. the headlight stalk has an interesting feature, the first pull down does nothing. now of i leave it in the up position and rotate the stalk the headlight buckets pop up but the lights stay off, i can then push the fog light button and turn on the fogs with the lights off. is this std. on US spec cars?

the center consol does not travel up to the dash so there is and odd hump between the driver and passenger for the coolent and other lines to pass through. on mine there is an aluminum panel that is carpet covered and only high enough to cover the bump. i have thought of bending some new aluminum panels and making it more like the 308 so i can add a pocket on the passenger side and cover it in leather as opposed to carpet. i can not tell if the carpet one i have is stock or a replacement by one of the PO's

i have also noticed that the mondial shares some body lines with the 400i. if they really do i wonder if the front/rear bumper is mountable to the 8? the rear on the 400i has a cool side marker lense between the bumper and the fender notto mention those bumpers sit so much closer to the body.

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    ???????

Based on what I have seen, the 400 is quite a good deal larger and I do not believe the parts cross fit. Mondial 8/qv bumpers do not even cross fit with 3.2's without some modification I believe.

The pocket panel sounds pretty cool.

3. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    i'm going just based on pics as i've never met a 400i in the metal. the nose just looks the same to me.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Very different.

5. Matt308

Matt308 Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    CO
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The headlight stalk should work the same as my 308: turn the knob to raise the lamps, first position down the turn them on, second position down for highbeams.

I think, based on your description, that the aluminum panel is added on by a PO, I'm remembering the hump is smooth carpet. That said, it is a big vacant space on a Mondial 8 that begs to be filled with something. :)

Since the 400 and Mondial do not share a common chassis, even if the bumpers are about the same size, you would probably go crazy trying to mount them. Hell, it's hard to mount a bumper on a Ferrari that's made for that model, let alone one that's not.

Hope this helps a bit, -m

6. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Hey Mondial Guys.. I have just what you need to fill the void between the top of your console and the lower part of dash.

Custom Fiberglass sub-woofer enclosure! I've had this unit in two of my previous Mondials.. 82 Modial 8, then in an 85 Cab. Remove it each time for the next car.

I sold/traded that car last year and again removed the enclosure and now want to sell it to someone who will enjoy it. I wish I could find something like this for my 308.

Ok, it was made in the 80's by a company called Z-Box out of Arizona. It's good quality sturdy "hand-lay-up" fibergalss, covered in black leather with the "proper" French seam to match the stitching in the Mondial. It has a flush mounted Alpine 3321 EQ in the center, and a single 8" sub that is visable on the passenger side near the floor.

Unit is designed to fit that open area between the bottom of the dash anfd the top (the hump) of the console and forward to the bulkhead. It requires no modification to the interior at all..no drilling etc. It looks really nice when installed because the console looks complete! The EQ is right at your finger tips...and the added depth of of sound to the system is very welcomed!

The item is rare as you can't get these anymore. I have tried to find Z-box or distributor who may have had leftovers as I would love to have one for my 308

I'm asking $500.for the unit, complete.

If interested PM me your email address and I will send pics!

Thanks,

Paul