Mondial/308 Relay Specs and Cooling Fans | FerrariChat

Mondial/308 Relay Specs and Cooling Fans

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Javelin276, Jul 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Does anyone know what the Bosch relays are rated for in amps, in particular the radiator fan relay?

I want to add a second radiator fan, and the relay and fuse appear to be in place in the electrical system. Now, if I can only find the right wire...

I also want to add an oil cooler fan. The later QV's draw the power off of the key-switched services. Any ideas on where I can draw the power from easily in a Mondial-8? I'm guessing I need to add another relay and fuse.

2. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    for the oil cooler and fan i'd add the relay, thats the easy part. for the second fan i too noticed that the later mondails all have the second one and we don't. however on my car there is a harness and plug for the fan already. it is next to the temp sensor just freely dangeling. that's what led me to think i was missing a fan.

3. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    i grabbed the diagram, here are the circuts controlled byt the key on,
    starter
    charging
    wipers/washers
    stop lights
    direction lights
    ignition
    reverse lights
    fuel pump
    windows
    A/C
    instrumentaion
    glove box -very odd to me!
    bonnet, although not on mine
    defrosters
    fans

the ignition socket has a 1mm yellow/black wire that is key on hot 12v, pin port #9. you can test to see if you have 12v when the car is running. sometimes those circuts are only hot under the first key stop.

4. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Thanks Scott,
    I found the dangling wires for the non-existent second radiator fan.

I've also found a key-on hot wire to run my relay for the oil cooler fan, and I have a wire in the engine compartment which comes off the alternator I can use to feed power to the relay to run the fan. My new fans arrive on Wednesday, so I should have it all up and cooling this week.
    Thor
    www.JavelinArt.com