Mondial 3.2 repair assistance request | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 repair assistance request

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TheMac, Oct 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    Hello Fellow Mondialisti,

It's been a long time since I have posted to this forum. I've lurked a bit, but haven't posted since my Mondial was the unfortunate victim of some road debris in August 2015. For those of you who remember me and or my car, we are still here and the repair is ongoing. I had intended to maintain full radio silence until the project was complete and then make a triumphant return to the forum with the fully documented repair.

That's not going to work, because right now, I need a bit of help. Specifically, the floor panel of my 1988 3.2 Cabriolet was punctured from below, and the metal "box" that holds the accelerator pedal and its linkage was ripped to shreds. I am having the floor panel remade, but in order to remake that box, I need a good picture of an existing one. Does anyone have a picture of that accelerator pedal mounting box? If not, could I trouble somebody to lift back their carpet and post a few good photographs of it?

I'm assuming the box is probably the same on Mondial 8, QV, and 3.2. It might not be the same on the t, though.

It's been a long, strange two years and counting so far that my Mondial has been off the road. I haven't given up, and I sure hope to have a good thread to share with everybody soon(ish). Thanks in advance for any help you guys can send my way.

paulchua likes this.
  2. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Wow. how time flies. I remember your account. Wasn't it on a trip to Monterrey that you hit some debris that fell off a truck? I remember thinking how scary that must have been.

As for pics - you might try user Stekkefun4 -- he runs a business parting out Mondials (and other FCars). Not only that, he's restoring a Gold Mondial right now. He's active on this forum very frequently -- look at the active threads of the past couple of days. I'll bet that he can easily photo what you want from one of his part cars, or maybe from his new restoration.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sid

paulchua and davem like this.