Mondial 3.2 Coupe Baby Seat | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 Coupe Baby Seat

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by aabryan, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi all,

the wife and I are getting ready to have our 1st. I’ve seen a few posts on baby seats but nothing recent. Without modification are there any infant seats that fit well in a 3.2 Coupe? Hopefully I won’t need to wait until he’s 2-3 to get him out in the mondi!

best,
    Andy

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well technically they all work; we have twins and a FF which has ISOfix seats; one thing u will notice is most baby seat u will purchase can work with any random seat without iso fix as long as u have some kind of anchor. Best thing is to research as you have previous posts and maybe ask a local dealer though I doubt they would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aabryan likes this.
  3. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I don't have any recommendations other than I decided ultimately not to install a full seat in my 3.2 Coupe. When I tried it, I discovered that the headrest in the rear seats of the Coupe can interfere with the infant seat. The Cabrio seats do not share this issue. I learned (on an old thread) that some people had better results in their Coupe when they completely removed the seat back plus head rest. That eliminates the problem and provides a better anchoring surface. Although it seemed like DIY doable, I chose not to go that route. Instead, I waited a couple of years and just went with a basic "booster" seat. That was fine for my family.

aabryan likes this.
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    For a Coupe I can imagine that it would be much easier having the child's seat in the front (rear facing). Then slide the seat forward to allow the second adult to sit in the back.

Trying to get the baby in and out of the back seating area would be challenging. Doing the same with a child's seat even moreso.

aabryan and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    When I had our little one in the back of our cab I would fold the seat down and place the carseat on top of the folded down seat back then buckle. I guess I dont know if the rear seats of a coupe operate the same as in the cab?

aabryan likes this.
  6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    It's been a while as my oldest is graduating HS this month. Bought my 1st coupe days after she was born. That said I recall taking the seat out which is very quick to remove. Just a few bolts. Very accessible. The cars note had a therapeutic effect on both girls helping them to sleep whether I wanted them too or not!

Good times!

aabryan likes this.
  7. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Unfortunately, coupe and cab are different with regards to back seats. Coupes have fixed backs with integrated headrests that cannot be removed or even angled in any way. Cab seats are physically closer together. Lastly, cabs have that nifty little access panel to the engine. No clue why the coupes didn't get that but my guess is it may offer some access to a troublesome folded top?

8. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
  9. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong