Modena Motors in Redwood City? | FerrariChat

Modena Motors in Redwood City?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by craiggo, Oct 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Does anybody know what happened to Modena Motors (I think that was the name) on El Camino in Redwood City (almost in San Carlos). I know the shop hasn't been there in a few years but was wondering if they moved and if anyone has used them.

I know the owner is still around town but I haven't been able to catch up to him.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

2. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    Craig, I used Modena Motors from the time I bought my 308GTSi in 1981. Tony Paladino worked on the car after he bought the repair shop from the origional owner. When I moved to Arizona in 1996, He recommended a shop and mechanic here which I have been using. I cannot say enough good things about the way he treated me or the high quality of the service and care he gave to my car. The last time I talked to him was in 1999, the shop was open at that time. It is too bad it closed, he had a great reputation with those of us that lived in the area.

3. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    PM me and I can give you his contact info.

4. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
  5. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
  6. kiwiboss

kiwiboss Rookie

Oct 23, 2013
    #6 kiwiboss, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    Came across this decision via Google search and wondering if anyone can help? I lived in Redwood City from 1984 to 88, I shared a house in 17th street with a person called Bill Lennon(im sure it was Lennon?) whom im searching for, haven't seen him since then!! he worked at Modena Motors up on El Camino back then, he drove a new Honda CRX and raced a Triumph spitfire at SCCA events, Laguna and Sears!! I went to this shop several times and remember the owner was an older guy, can't remember his name? if anyone can help me find Bill or any tips that would be great.

Dale Mathers(NZL) [email protected]

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The older man you speak of who owned the shop died 10 or more years ago so I am afraid that is not available as an avenue for search.

8. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Bill Morton... He was very cool!

9. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    A lot of talent at that store. Bill Morton was great, as was Bill lennon, and Tony Palladino. All of them had a real good feel for these cars and a great respect for originality, and how to make the cars run great.

I know Bill morton passed, and Tony is I think doing private mechanic work,, but does Bill Lennon have a store?

10. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    I think he's been a mailman since 1990

11. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Turns out (if my info is correct) Tony is working at Peninsula Mercedes owned by Nick Wong. He's apparently not turning wrenches anymore but doing the books. I haven't had a chance to stop by and see if this is true but I'm wondering if you drove up in an F-car he'd have the itch to work on it.

12. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    its WALL

13. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    You are correct...my bad.

14. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    Tony has revived Modena Motors on Broadway near 101 in RWC.

15. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Good to know! Thank you for posting. I'll stop by.

Craig