Mobile Detailer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mobile Detailer

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by P_RSR, May 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    I just used Johnny Caretaker 201 788 6324 [email protected]. Based lout of Franklin Lakes, NJ. He did my Mondial for 200.00. Very good work. Very happy. He works under a tent in your driveway. Detailed every inch of my car - inside and out. I'd deff use him again.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    old thread that i think deserves to be resurrected.

since 2014 ive used P1 and ammo for different cars. also have had great results using dan from turn 7 who works with and was mentored by ammo. and as everyone knows Bradan has done alot of work for me since they opened and they just got me platinum on my f40.

I have to say amongst that crowd its impossible to differentiate when it comes to talent/skill. All are very good and i have to say they're all really nice guys. id say those guys along with detailing dynamics and AI are the creme de la creme in the NY metro area.

I am not a ceramic believer when it comes to exotics so i steer my business to the guys who maintain a similar philosophy as me. Ive done alot of testing and experimenting since 1994 when i bought my first car after high school. Since then i have concluded that for my garage queens that barely ever see the elements and light of day, zymol hd clense, 3m imperial hand glaze and zymol ital is the undisputed concoction in my book.

The cars i've struggled with are the daily drivers. the suvs inevitably go through a car wash a couple times during the winter and the FF gets hand washed but it sees as much snow and salt as my suvs. I have tried 3 different ceramics (modesta, opti, and a 3rD) on 2 suvs, the ff, and a 430 spider and i cant say i can see what's better about ceramic than sealant. I have an suv i wrapped in a different color and that i may try ceramic again on but im likely to go back to sealants for the daily drivers. My friends have helped me understand the value proposition for ceramics is future ease of washing and maintenance. As a purist i struggle with this because the number 1 golden rule of detailing is get the paint as healthy as possible with as little cutting and abrasion as possible and ceramics are incredibly hard to get off once they're on. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Splash car wash offers a ceramic coating for 350 - i will probably try that on my 2017 abarth for ****s and giggles.

ShineKen, RPM217 and BRADAN like this.