MISSING YOUTH - CALL OF DUTY GAME WARNING | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MISSING YOUTH - CALL OF DUTY GAME WARNING

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ferrarilover, Oct 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. veloce92

veloce92 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2007
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Aussie
    Th N word is used everyday at your local highschool. Go on down during lunch and just listen. I guarantee you there is nothing more mature in CoD4 (and yes I play) than the kid was seeing at school.

2. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Seriously. If it wasn't video games it would be drugs. Parents should be happy :) If not drugs it could be stealing, or any other of the insane amount of compulsive behaviors that ail people these days.

3. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    I just received in my email inbox from Toronto CityTV News:

The search for Brandon Crisp has ended in tragedy. Barrie Police have confirmed the 15-year-old boy who disappeared on Thanksgiving Day after an argument over his Xbox, has been found dead. His body was discovered at the 5th Line in Oro Medonte Township. There's no word yet on the cause.

Thanks all for this thread, and I'm sorry it was taken out of context. Once again the main thing was for awareness for his disappearance.

Mods - feel free to close thread.

RIP Brandon. My entire community is in mourning. You should see the missin person flyers everywhere - people even have in their cars.

Chris

4. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David

Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Rob Zombie, etc.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I almost forgot about the PMRC.

6. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Unfortunate, and it looks like he didn't make it very far. He sure showed everyone, and I'm sure other kids will use him as an example and precedent for when parents threaten to take way their gaming system. XBox: serious business.

7. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I have been playing on live for about 6 years. I personally have never gotten addicted, although I can understand how it could be possible. Some of the best friends I have ever had came from playing online over the years. However, there is no substitute for going outside and spending some time with your parents. As long as the parents don't let it get out of control and make their kids(if needed) go outside then so be it, the kid will be grateful one day.

8. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Pretty sure this happened in Colorado. Parents got prosecuted and both got prison time for something like "wrongful death" or "abuse resulting in death".

Ditto... RIP Brandon. A 15yr old that the world will never know. RIP little dude.

James in Denver

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Ahh..World of Warcraft. There is a saying called "Widows of Warcraft"..and South Park made a great show about it.

I actually like World of Warcraft and was in a raiding guild that almost did a full Sunwell clear pre 3.0. Those in Wow will know exactly what that means. Wow raiding means spending a few nights a week (I was raiding 3) getting along with 24 other people for 3-4 hours at a time under sometimes pretty stressful conditions pounding away at what is a fairly complicated puzzle to solve (or boss to kill). Yes..it can build social skills. Or at least flush out alot of a-holes in the world.

But yes it is addictive. So are all sorts of internet temptations..so it really comes down to self control and discipline more than anything

10. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    So his dad packed his own bag for him to run away, but now it's the Xbox's fault.

It'd be a nice change to see some parents say, "Ok we screwed as up parents." Instead of always blaming those horrible, horrible games.

Quoted.

11. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    +2

We have a 12 year old son in a magnet school. His only job, we told him, is school. If he does well, he is consistent straight A student and always ranks in the top 3% of FCAT scores, he may have his distractions. He loves CD4 and plays incessantly during his none school-work downtime and all weekend. As we have seen no affect whatsoever on his Academics or his personality, we allow him to continue.

Cliff - C63

12. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    He is probably the kid who kills me over and over again with wicked good skills.

13. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    I don't know about that! Every time I go to check on him, he eventually gets killed. We just got him a new "Creative Fatal1ty" "COM" unit for him to communicate with everyone. It's still sitting NIB till all his Mid-term grades are posted.

Cliff - C63

14. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I usually get killed withing 30 seconds.

15. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    Wow! I guess he is Ok. He usually can walk around for 5-10 minutes before he get killed.

Cliff - C63

16. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    For me it's the damn helicopter and the non stop bombing from the UAV.

17. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    That drives me nuts when he is not on his COM and I hear "UAV is online" over and over incessantly.......

18. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    We must have gone to the same "virtual war training camp" LOL. :) My kill to death ratio is shockingly ugly.

As much as I love COD4, I've REALLY been enjoying the new COD: World at War!

19. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I know. They either need to raise the kills to get the UAV going or just have it so that feature can be shut off.

I am a great sniper if I can find a good spot but as soon as I get the right spot I have my ass killed by air support.

20. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    Ha! My son is a sniper too! Loves to plant Claymores!

21. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Sometimes I just walk around and blast through walls and take out all the campers.

I really miss the days of TFC.

22. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Team fortress 2 for the 360 is AWESOME THOUGH! :D

23. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    not this **** again! Unfortunate for the dead teen, however this homeless attempt at blaming video games by certain people is quite pathetic.

I remember when there was a big brouhaha about Manhunt and the consequent banning in several countries that followed. Has anyone played Manhunt by Rockstar? What do you think of it? Manhunt 2 sucked balls. I played it for 5 mins and returned the game the same day!

24. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    SAme goes for postal. all hype.