Miscellaneous Car News | Page 952 | FerrariChat

Miscellaneous Car News

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Mar 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Could the steering wheel be any bigger?

2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    HOI! Since when is Jodie not important!?!?!?! Her 456 remember.

Gizzi likes this.
  3. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Arsvin likes them big....:)

4. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Out and about today drive down to my sisters home ...road testing ...got her down from the tower to take a photo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Maranello550 likes this.
  5. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Big deal.

We've all seen a Holden Utility before.

6. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    BJ =s BTC..

7. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    365GTC/4, kena and greg246 like this.
  8. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    LHF shocker is f....... looking at the photo.

9. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    The owner of a significant Carby Ferrari in Melbourne , has just purchased what in 1925/6 was considered the fastest car in Australia ,one of 18 built ...a W.O Bentley model known as the 100mph Super sports , guaranteed to do a 100mph, the model was 9 inches shorter then the standard 3.0 W.O ....to many the holy grail of W.Os.

This car had a long competition history in Australia including fastest car in the 1st Alpine rally ,after the war it continued to race i.e Fishermans bend ,Albert Park.

The car spent close to 20 years at the Bill Harrah reno museum .Before retuning to Australia in the 70s.

One of the most important pre-war cars in Australia.

1st photo is 1926 Alpine rally out the front of the then Canberra hotel (Grand Hyatt)

2nd photo Le-Mans start 1954 Fishermans bend.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    *shakes head*

11. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    *falls off*

12. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I guess Ian has never heard the Frank Gardner Lola F5000 shocker story?

13. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nothing springs to mind?

14. FazzerPorscheman

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    That's strut terrible.

15. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes, shocking.
    Watts Linkaging you to commenting?

16. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I don't understand why someone who doesn't know anything about 037's would make such a silly post. The car has huge Bilstein shocks and of course we rebuilt them. 2 on the front, 4 at the rear.

I had both sway bars on full stiffness and at the point of that photo had just got on the gas. The car has lots of grunt from low revs thanks to the supercharger and the rear end doesn't squat, so it picks up the inside from wheel. It doesn't affect the handling.

The 037 was well known for wheelstands in period, look for early WRC footage.

17. FazzerPorscheman

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    This has already gone off camber, and clearly you don't know squat.

18. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Ian it was a throw away line ! In reference to the ability of Frank Gardner to look at a car through a corner and to tell if a shocker was ficked or not.

Years ago while the Lola T430 was been tested at Calder he mentioned by sight a shocker was rooted ,the team changed it and the car went under the lap record within laps.

Sorry if i offended you .

19. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    You might understand why I'm struggling to stay involved with this site. I post a nice photo of an interesting car and it turns into fodder for a smartarse post.

Between that and all the back-stabbing, plus clueless mods who ban people for no good reason, but don't ban someone who dumps vicious posts on other people, what is the point?

20. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Someone needs a cuddle in the spa

Steve355F1 and Ferraridoc like this.
  21. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I'd like to think your not referring to me Ian ?

22. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I'm not referring to you.

23. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Ian , I don't know what the answer is on here there is a lot great posts but it goes the other way to.

I only go on one other forum Autosport nostalgia ,which has little or no humour ,but many greats threads /photos of the great motorsport times .

I'm on FB but also just for certain pages like car,boating and dogs .

I didn't come on here for around 6 years ,what i did notice was so many names had gone .

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    And if you're referring to me you can get fuched !

I've had enough of your innuendo and BS KIAFA attitude on this site ever since I've known you.

You pretend to own all these cars you flash up but some people know you're just buying these cars for another guy and sometimes with Gerry.

When my mate wanted to buy 037 you came back with a BS story that you were keeping it because you reckoned you could get a better price , and that was WITHOUT even quoting what "you" wanted for it, says who REALLY owns it !

Then there is the personal backstabbing you did to me about my separation from my wife telling people about how she "threw me out" , no such thing happened but didn't stop you spreading that lie, what did it do, make you feel like a big man ??!!

You make assertions about certain cars but mostly they're wrong and the one thing I liked about Rob coming back on this site was that he would call you out on the BS claims you make about cars because he ACTUALLY knows what he's talking about.

The poor bastards that believe everything you say are poorer for the experience, Sweden is a mess but that was your solution to the world, even they are going into lockdown.

Then there is the GG, great roads, great people , great time .... well two out of three's not bad

Then you put in the private conversation that YOU didn't want to censor youself so they should start a new "catch up" conversation to exclude me because "someone" had sent your post blaming Simon, Rob and the mod for losing Peter and "half the fun" of fchat.

You say you have the PMs to prove stuff, produce them or fuch off, if they're about me you can't.

You're a backstabber, always have been, I trusted you when I first met you, you were one of the first people I came to see when I was in Sydney, you were friendly and gracious, seems a front to me now.

I love how you're talking to Rob after you made that post backing Peter up when Rob came back , belittling Rob , I can't be arsed to find it but you know and anyone with a good memory will remember it, did someone say two-faced ??

I generally look at the bigger picture and let things slide but I'm at that age I don't give a fuch anymore and some things need to be addressed when someone like you is behaving like a bully with a smear campaign.

Here are my "faults" before you get in :

1. The mods ask me why they need to delete the grandfather thread as requested by Rob
    2. I tell them the background (as a past mod I knew they were lost and they asked for help)
    3. They still don't delete it
    4. Peter gets banned, I didn't say to the mods he should get banned, and certainly not permabanned
    5. I wrote, as did several others, to the mods pleading Peter's case
    6. I had no idea you had written to them
    7. It was indicated that "numerous" people had complained to the mods about Peter
    8. then YLSHIH PM'd me asking about you and Simon
    9. I wrongly assumed you were one of the complainants and called Peter to let him know what the mods had written
    10. I was still on the "catch up " thread in conversations , hadn't read it for ages as I am not in Sydney any more for the runs but I was left on the list
    11. you made THAT post which I had never read until AFTER the run you guys had and then I saw reference to the post in the conversation days later and you saying the list needs to be made "smaller" due to "someone" sending THAT post to others

Backstabbing ?? Mirror ?? Yep

I can admit my short-comings which must be an Italian trait because I've seen other Italian heritaged people I work with freely admit if they've made a mistake as it clears the air but according to you Italians are liars and cheats, you've said it in an open forum so it must be true

I use to have a lot of fun on this site but because of people like you I think I've had enough, my true friends I can keep in touch with, I don't need fchat for fun, I've got a good life and I intend to enjoy what is left of it so you can go on telling your stories to the gullible.

I'll bet you're angry by now, good, now maybe you'll know how angry I was when you spread those lies about me and my ex-wife, that is the lowest act a "man" can do when someone is at a low point in their life

If anyone should be banned it's you , I come on here to have fun and help where I can, you just try to be a BTC making outrageous claims about cars, nationalities, and politics

Goodbye aussie fchat, I mostly enjoyed it for the 20 years I was on

25. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I remember that car! It was slower than the Lotus...