Milka Duno | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Milka Duno

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by laswyguy, May 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pacific11

pacific11 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2006
  2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I really liked Dan's comments . . .

The incident, a run-of-the-mill driver confrontation by any other standard, became a major media event this week because it involved Patrick as the aggressor. She angrily approached Wheldon after the Milwaukee race because of a collision between the two that broke the steering arm on Patrick's car and cost her a strong finish.

The car was repaired and she finished eighth, while Wheldon finished third.

While no fines or public reprimands were issued by the IndyCar Series, the two drivers were held after Thursday's drivers' meeting to hash out the issues surrounding the confrontation.

Indy Racing League president and COO Brian Barnhart called the meeting to cool tensions after comments following the incident, including Wheldon's appearance on an ESPN talk show in which he referred to Patrick as "spoiled brat" and a "dog trying to bite my ankles."

Texas Motor Speedway president and general manager Eddie Gossage has used the Milwaukee incident to his promotional advantage with ads and banners calling Saturday's race "The Rumble at the Speedway," a battle for the "unofficial IndyCar Series featherweight championship."

All of which Dixon finds quite comical.

*** you don't see the real ladies in motorsport exhibiting this type of behavior - they have the class this one lacks ***

3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #78 yzee, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Great shot. We could use that for a caption contest. :)

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Not hardly does it appear that way (although he just ought to deck her) - more like he's trying to get away from her and keeping his hand in the open so she can't claim "anything" against him - more self-preservation from her totally unnecessary un-ladylike conduct. Her dangling hand appears to be in reach of coming up and slapping him across the face - and he would have NO recourse against any move by her (get my drift???)

It's obvious that she's not winning races on the track, however, she's three for three in off-track stupid episodes -> stomping away from her car on tv (temper tantrum time), hitting I think it was Lazier in the ambulance, now her escapade with Dan. Perhaps a PR ploy on the part of AGR - if so, they just went down even another notch in my book.

Carol