Milka Duno hater thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Milka Duno hater thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by robert_c, May 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    'Splain this one, Barnhart: Helio gets black-flagged for failure to pull all the way outside and waive the cars through -- while leading the race ...
    ... but Duno -- three laps down -- can wander all over the track in front of the race leaders and gets, what?

Double Secret Probation? :rolleyes:

Sheesh.

Get Milka a PlayStation and get her off the race track ...
    ... kinda the same way she "qualifies".

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

#102 b-mak, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I completely forgot I had pix from the Toronto race last month. During qualifying, this was all that could be seen of Milk-and-Donuts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    She finished 5 laps down in Kentucky.

4. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Her best finish of the year, ainna? ;)

5. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    If you hate Milka I guess Danica is hated as well?

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Donuts makes Danica look like a World Champion. But if you look around this site you'll find an abundance of salty opinions about Danica Patrick.

7. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    #107 robert_c, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    Not at all. What in my posts would lead you to believe that?

Danica has 1 win, 3 poles and finished 5th overall last year. Why on earth would you put her in the same category as Milka?

My "hate" (I don't really hate her) is based on the fact that she is so slow that she is a danger to other drivers. She should be in a series where she is not a danger and is more competitive. She is a better fit in ALMS.

I started this thread because I mistakenly thought it was Milka hogging TV time by constantly being in the camera view during the post race interviews. It turns out that is was just an Izod girl in a drivers suit that looked like her.

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Are you sure that wasn't a dude?:D

9. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    I can only agree with you: she is very, very talented, IMO.

10. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    First, a little background - I spent 9 years with the Ferrari of Washington race team, 1996 thru 2001 in the Ferrari Challenge series, and 2002 thru 2004 in the Grand-Am GT program. Those years included Ferrari Challenge Driver (348 class) and Dealership championships in 1996, and Grand-Am GT class championships in 2002 and 2003. So I'm not just blowing smoke here....

In 1999, Milka joined the FoW team and raced two seasons with us - not just 3 weekends as stated elsewhere in this thread. She was the first woman to *WIN* a North American Ferrari Challenge race (July or August 2000 at Road Atlanta) and may still be the only woman to do so in North America, but I can't find an online listing. And since there have been some "comparisons" to Danica here, it's important to note that Milka won this race on *speed*, not on fuel mileage (as in Danica's one win in Japan). [If you dig around Milka's website and find the photo of her spraying champagne on the Road Atlanta podium, that's my photograph.]

While I concur that she may be in over her head in an Indy car, she is not without some talent. And unless you've actually had your butt out in a racecar (like CW has), you may want to consider paring back your judgment a notch or two. Just my opinion.

Finally, for those who state that Milka's "sponsor is her husband" - please state how you know this.

Thanks.

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think Duno's situation is a pretty open book. And citing her "success" in FC won't buy her any credibility here so much as it will indict the level of talent with which she competed. I know the Challenge has some good drivers, but for the most part the series is the apex of their driving achievements. Many on this board have some experience in racing, but regardless the "You're not a race car driver, you don't know what you're talking about" argument grew stale years ago. I've never played in the NFL, but I can get a pretty good idea by watching the games on Sunday as to who's a star and who's fodder. But you know what? They were all pretty damn good players back in Pee Wee and high school.

From Wikipedia:

12. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Let's be clear here. At the time, that Ferrari series was nothing more than glorified club racing and her "achievement" isn't any different than winning a regional Spec Miata race today. Actually, winning a regional Spec Miata race today requires more preparation and talent of the driver.

She didn't perform in Daytona Prototypes and she's not even giving 50% effort in IndyCar. For example, she doesn't even show up for qualifying. There's not a real racing driver on the planet who skips qualifying.

There's no doubt in my mind that she'll always be known as a dim-witted, ill-prepared, under-performing driver. She's doing a disservice to female drivers everywhere and endangering the lives of drivers, crew and safety workers.

She needs to leave the series and the sport. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Milka.

13. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, THAT makes a lot of sense.. (sic)

14. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #114 Tipo815, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    Any accomplishments in the Ferrari Challenge series have almost no bearing on her credibility and whether or not she should be driving an Indycar. Granted she might be a talented driver and put most of us on this forum to shame but then again none of us are trying to race in the Indycar series.

We are all "arm chair quarterbacks" because we expect a certain level of performance from drivers at this level. We don't expect qualified drivers to repeatedly finish five laps down, constantly be a moving chicane, and simply embarass themselves each and every race. She has never shown even a glimmer of hope of having earned her way to this level of racing. If she did so well in the Ferrari Challenge series she should have stayed there and been a big fish in a small pond. Instead she has somehow determined that she is good enough to race in the Indycar series where she's not even a tadpole in a Koi pond!

15. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    +1

And I think I can speak for most of us in that we would feel differently if she would actually put some EFFORT into it. I think she views racing (here) as an 'activity', and not a real profession or business that it is, and that's what eventually gets someone hurt and/or draws bad P/R to a sport. It is said that 'any P/R is good P/R', but not in this case.

16. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Remember Ide? Remember what happened to his "super" license?

If you were running a race team, and one of your drivers was black flagged for being too slow, *and* was on probation for blocking the lapping traffic, how long would it take you before you showed that driver the door?

It's not like there isn't anyone else to put in that seat.

Yes, the car isn't a front-runner, but compare Alex Lloyd in the BSA sponsored car.

17. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine

Can't really blame the team here I think. They need the money BAD. I bet you that Loyd's car is even funded mostly by Milka's sponsor. It happens all the time in IndyCar.

We got a call from Newman Hass Lanigan over the winter last year. It looked like Milka was coming to their team and they were asking us to build her a training simulator. The only reason they were willing to do this was that they were looking for any way to keep Graham. They would use her funding to keep him in a seat.

I really think the IRL is to blame here. It is their responsibility to keep the racing as safe as possible and promote the series as the best drivers in the world.

18. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    While it still remains good sport to bash Challenge drivers here in Fchat, the truth remains that there have been some very good drivers there. Perhaps not the next Scuderia Piloti, but there has been talent over the years that's come through. If you're not in the front pack, though, don't bother buying rides in GrandAm, ALMS or some other professional series. You probably won't be competitive, and all you'll do is spend a lot of dough. And, even if you are in the front pack, you're still going to have to work your butt off to be in the mid-pack in a professional series. Again, you'll be paying to be there, too. For a while, anyway, until you prove to the sponsors and team owners that you have what it takes.

However, as this relates to MD, she had the financial support and ability to give this a try (which I would have done, too, had I been able to), but I should hope that her own sense of dignity and self-preservation would dictate that she hang it up sooner than later. She's clearly not competitive, and, worse, a dangerous, moving chicane. At some point, the sanctioning body will pull her ticket. Who knows when or for what reason?

CW

19. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    I have photographs of her during the qualifying session at Watkins Glen. And at every other race I've seen her at, she has participated in the qualifying sessions. FWIW.

Glad to know that you consider 4 master's degress "dim-witted". Do you realize how little statements like that help *your* credibility?

CW expressed many of the same sentiments, but with much more grace and tact. There's a lesson to be had there.

Flame away.

20. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Do you mean at, like, many of the IndyCar races this season where she's simply nowhere to be found during qualifying?

Wow, that's just a completely irrelevant, out-of-left-field point you made there. If she does possess four master's degrees, don't you think she's be intelligent enough to learn how to prepare for racing?

No serious driver fails to prepare for competition and, for crying out loud, isn't IndyCar the pinnacle of open wheel racing in America? Someone in their right mind would do everything and give everything to improve their ability to drive one of those cars, if given the opportunity. At least that's what all the other drivers do. Dim-witted is on the mark here.

Got enough credibility, thanks, don't need any more.

If you think think disagreeing with your opinion is a flame, then I guess we must revert to the arguing-on-the-Internet axiom.

Are you part of Milka's PR team? Or on her payroll?

21. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I think that the point that was being made was that the Challenge Series has changed since Milk and Donuts was in it. I don't recall people spending the kind of money Scott Tucker currently spends back then. His Challenge team equipment rivals that of any team competing at the top levels of ALMS / Grand Am / etc and, yes, I realize he is running Grand Am too.
    BTW, didn't someone here say that Milka was asked to leave the Challenge Series? Anyone have a link to back that up?

PS: Milka's former driving coach said she was hopeless.

22. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I don't know if MD was ever asked to leave, but I do know she pulled some seriously demented moves. For example, at Road Atlanta she basically straight-lined 10a to pass a couple of other cars. Reportedly, per her coach's orders. It may be truer to say that she left for bigger and better things of her own choosing, but only the principals know for certain.

Her coach, VE, was certainly fun to have around, though. Chain smoker extraordinaire!

CW

23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Chain smoker? Freaking chimney more like.

24. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    After driving a 917, I guess he feels he's living on borrowed time, anyway!

CW

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Maybe it would help clarify things a little if you explained your sudden decision to stand up in defense of Donuts. The only reasons I can imagine are:

1) You are--as suggested--affiliated with her somehow and feel compelled to defend her, or
    2) You feel that by speaking more highly of her, you will, by association, elevate your own FC racing accomplishments.

I mean, the evidence is in. This is no longer an issue of subjective opinionating, it's fact. If Milkand Donuts was on trial for murder, she would have been caught standing over the body with bloody knife in one hand and a smoking revolver in the other. I don't typically like murderous analogies, but in this case it fits, because she has done as much to butcher the credibility of the IRL as the next 5 people. She sucks--end of story. She possesses no more skills behind the wheel than the majority of us could muster given her opportunity of unlimited instruction, bottomless backing and over a decade of track time.