Mick Schumacher | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Poor Callum Illot, already got the confirmation that he won't get a F1 seat next year...

635CSI and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  2. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    I find the whole thing a bit strange with driver choices here at the end of the year. I fully expected Mick to partner Kimi and that publicity alone would be Gold but they decide to keep Gio? I have nothing against him but I am simply not impressed. Someone else should be given a chance in that seat...Illot or Schwartz...just my opinion.
    I have no idea how Haas is getting Mick, I don’t really think they deserve that deal but I expect it was an offering from Ferrari to keep them in the fold and get them more Ferrari Tech. Hopefully Mick places well and they can finally announce he and Mars by the last race. I sure hope they can give Mick a halfway decent car next year because they really have sucked wind this year, rear suspension problems and all.

william and Thomas S. like this.
  3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yes, Callum seems to be one nobody is considering for any seat, yet he could win the F2 crown.
    Where do you go from there if not into F1 ?

4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Reserve driver in F1 ????
    DTM. ????
    WEC ????

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He has too much to lose. The family wants to set him up for success and good reputation; 2 races would give him experience but may ruin his confidence. It’s better for him to do all the winter preparation and do a full season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgonzalesm6, 375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    It would be nice to think that Ferrari take the WEC/LM Hyper car thing seriously and maybe Callum could be involved in that.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Does Haas still get the rear end from Ferrari? If so, Ferrari has indicated next year they'll use tokens to upgrade the rear end (yep...we're at that stage again!). The Ferrari rear end really sucks. If Haas has the same one it explains part of the problem.

Also if Ferrari have a decent engine for next year expect them all to move forwards somewhat.

8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very well done!

F1 seat is more than deserved.

jgonzalesm6 and Nortonious like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    A great weekend. Such a solid job by Mick yesterday in the Feature Race moving from P18 to P6 (and the fastest lap points), to maintain his 14 point lead on Ilott.

He got a great start in the Sprint Race today, moving into second quickly and then hard to fault him for trying to get out in front to win the WDC atop the race podium. Mick's lockup was tremendous. Oooof. Even with that flat spot, he did a masterful job keeping Ilott at bay knowing Ilott would need either a P1 or P2 (with fastest lap) to take the WDC.

Mick was hard on himself in the post-race, but that defending he did versus Ilott while the two front runners got separation was huge. Ilott put a lot of wear on his tyres trying to get past Mick. When Mick pitted for Softs and then claimed the fastest lap, he put Ilott into a situation of needing to win the race to win the WDC.

With about 9 laps to go and Ilott running P3, I thought the intense jousting between Daruvala and Ticktum for P1 might result in them both crashing out, handing Ilott the both the race and WDC lead. In the end, Ilott's tyres were shot and he faded.

Congratulations to Mick Schumacher

an F2 WDC well-earned

stavura, LVP488, SPEEDCORE and 2 others like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Congratulations Mick!! F1 is waiting for you. His dad must be proud. I wish he could able to watch his son in all this....

#VamosMick

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Was hoping he goes Alfa—

New Schumacher Haas F1 deal just "needs t's crossed and i's dotted"
    By:Filip Cleeren
    Co-author:Oleg Karpov
    Jul 23, 2021, 10:07 AM
    Haas Formula 1 team boss Gunther Steiner expects Mick Schumacher to pen a new contract for 2022 soon, saying there just "need to be a few t's crossed and a few i's dotted."

15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Can only hope the early decision for Haas to focus on 2022 truly makes it more competitive

DF1 likes this.
  16. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I just read today Bottas is front runner for Alfa if Mercedes decide to exercise their option on Russell. I rather see Schumacher at Alfa.

Bas and DF1 like this.
  17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    At this point, chosing between Haas or Alfa-Sauber is a bit of a gamble.
    I don't expect any of them to be front runner in 2022 anyway.

tifosi12 likes this.
  18. Why does any of it matter?
    Seriously.......he's nobody anyway.........:rolleyes:

19. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I’d caution you’re declaration might very well turn out to have been a tad premature with the benefit of future hindsight.

20. Of course you could be right.....but....on this occasion, I think not. We'll see, no? :)

21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That is the problem with F2 these days. It was an independant series years ago, with different championships in Europe, France, or South America, but it is now a feeder series parallel to F1, and run at the same locations. Many years ago, a driver could stay many years in F2, not anymore. Now it's considered as a step to F1, and there are not always seats available to reward the F2 laureates.

22. And even F1 drivers would step down for a race or two.....like poor Jim...... :(

william likes this.
  23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Did Mick really drive Michael's car? Different numbers and different coloured wing mirrors.