458 - Michelin PS4S Tyres, anyone fitted to 458? | FerrariChat

458 Michelin PS4S Tyres, anyone fitted to 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Gibbo205, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gibbo205

Gibbo205 Rookie

Feb 20, 2017
    Hi there

Am enjoying my newly purchased 458 Italia but I am finding traction terrible on the 2017 dated Pzero tyres the car has come with, around 6mm tread, in the wet it is just lighting the tyres up, even in the dry its not fantastic.

I remember test driving another car and it gripped so well, I noted it was on new Michelin PS4S tyres and they did not seem to be K marked.

So has anyone here fitted the PS4S XL tyres all round on their 458? Big improvement over Pzero?

2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Can't speak to whether the PS4S can be fitted to the 458 but I will say I hated the Pzeros on my Porsche Carrera4, found traction issues myself with how high the tires liked to be inflated cold even with AWD. Requested Michelin PSS for my 488, perhaps PSS might be your best bet for OEM spec

3. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just had the dealer install them while in for yearly service. Couldn’t be happier, it feels like a new car.

4. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Just today I bought a set of those for my Vanquish. It also had dated P Zeros. Can't wait to see the difference

5. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I put PS4s all around on my 458 and drive the car in TC Off. They are really good once up to temperature. If they are cold they light up like any old tire, which is fun too.

I put PS4s on my AMG, which has never been able to put the power down with PSS. For the first time I could smash the pedal on that car, which is when I knew I needed these tires on the 458 and wasn't disappointed.

So, great question. The tires matter as much or more to performance than CF, li-ion batteries, headers, and exhaust kits.

(if you are only going to drive in the dry, you could always spring for the trofeo R tires. They are awesome, and even have a more plush ride IMO)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Gibbo205

Gibbo205 Rookie

Feb 20, 2017
    Are you guys fitting the PS4S K tyre on rear, or are you just fitting the regular XL tyre all round?