MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 7 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    A couple questions for you M.V. experts

Regarding the cars used in the show, does anyone know what may have become of the black 328 (his rental car) that was used in one episode and driven by Crockett? I think it was an episode where Crockett was in LA while he was married to Sheena.

Another bit of trivia/question. When the show was originally aired, I worked for a Chris-Craft dealer, and attended the 1985 dealer meeting in Boca Raton. While there I saw a blue Chris-Craft 390 Stinger traveling up the intercostal waterway, with the logo of a bar named "the Candy Store" in bright orange on the side. I was told by the Chris-craft folks that it was the actual boat used for the show, and that it was sold to this bar when they changed to Wellcraft for later shows. Anyone ever heard a similar story or see the boat? The guy driving a similar boat for Chris Craft at the meeting was the stunt driver on the show - this was before Don Johnson became an offshore racer. I think the boats used on the show are sought after in way way similar to the cars...

2. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
    #152 xtrmesaleen, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks for posting this. He seemed excited with his find, but as you said we'll see. This thread is now over 6000 views, so people are interested!

davew - I'm curious about that 328 as well. One of the Scarab's used on the show was offered recently at Mecum but didn't sell there; I believe it later sold to someone in North Carolina.

1986 Wellcraft 38' Scarab KV 38 From the Hit TV Series Miami Vice for sale by Mecum Auction

3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #153 lear60man, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    MGJBLKTR,

He just started a "Miami Vice Testarossa Just found// For Sale and Now Accepting Offers!!" thread on the worlds largest Miami Vice forum. Make no mistake, it was always for sale and he banking on at least one person to be starry eyed enough to look beyond the red flags. More pics of his car below.

Fortunately, the Mods on that site were aware of his activities here. All links to his business were promptly removed and provenance requested. They do not allow any sort of sale ads. They take this stuff seriously and were waiting for his arrival.

The movie car and prop world is very small. Apparently the world is out.

XtreemSaleen

Mecum wasnt the best venue for the Scarab......and it was raining the day of the auction. Another screen used scarab (or stinger) was sold for salvage for $10,000. Reportedly it had been sunk/recovered and sitting in a Miami marina with bottom paint. The marina sold it to recover back slip fees. It was purchased by another fan who has a RV business and is currently being restored.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I'll try to find his new thread as I am on some of the vice forums. I'm not even considering another purchase until my twin turbo Z06 is completed. I will go look at this car when I'm in Miami in a couple of weeks. I know plenty of people and as big as Miami is, its a very small world and everyone knows someone who knows someone and will ask around about this guy.

I did notice the Pininfarina badge was missing on the passenger side rear fender. Isn't there supposed to be holes there?

Either way I'll check it out. It looks rough and I can't really see it being worth more than any other 86 Testarossa.

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No holes. I lost mine long ago as well, had to add it again.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    How about a link to the thread?

7. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
  8. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Of course it's for sale! And he wants a big price!

9. apex97

apex97 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2006
    Stockbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Edward Zabinski
    I don't see it being worth his asking price of twice the price similar cars are going for, but I could see that its "interest" may make it worth saving. I never was really into MV, but if it was on Star Trek...well then that's a whole new conversation!

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The guy with the Nicole Brown Simpson Mondial took a much better aproach. And he is still there after 3 years. With very good news.

11. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #161 lear60man, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    RECENTLY FOUND....my butt. Looks like REALFLACCID1 had the car since 2011. Nice story pal.

Here is a screen shot from the Florida DMV.

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I don't take that as Realmuscle owned the car since 2011, he has been a lien holder since 2011.

Auto Pawn plus is most likely in the business of auto title loans. Actuall owner brings in the title to his ferrari in 2011, borrows money against it (possibly without auto pawn plus actually even physically seeing the car). 2013...actuall owner cannot repay the loan, auto pawn plus goes to collect the car and goes ape s*** when he sees what indicates to him it might be a MV car and comes here and other places to try and research/validate his newly found treasure.

I'm still skeptical of the story, but Auto Pawn Plus listed as a lien holder does not indicate to me he owns/owned the car since 2011 or had actually physically seen it at that point.

13. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I'm definitely not buying your scenario. His research was complete before coming to Ferrarichat and his first post indicates that. Plus it also makes sense that if the car was from the series, the guy who pawned it would have let Real Muscle know since he could probably get a bigger loan vs a standard TR. Plus his own website states you need the car and the title: http://autopluspawn.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_4_FAQ

Do a search on his business name, the reviews of his business are pretty bad, except the one he posted himself with his REALMUSCLE username. Not surprising given his belligerent attitude here.

14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm not defending the guy. Just saying a lienholder has a financial interest in the car, does not mean they are the owner.

15. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    The title was issued the same day as the lien, he owned it in 2011.

16. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    That's one tired looking Testarossa.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm not defending the guy. Just saying a lienholder has a financial interest in the car, does not mean they are the owner.

18. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    One word - PWNED!!!

Thats how this forum works - say it and back it up or go home.

PDG

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Jimmy Two Times is on FChat!!!!!!

20. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    Loved it, loving it and I will keep loving it!
    Thanx

21. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    I like the way this guy was made an ultimatum almost 5 pages ago and everyone is still talking about his posts.

I think he pulled the old,

"No publicity is bad publicity"

The best thing to do is lock the thread.

22. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Normally, I would agree. But this thread may serve to be extremely useful to a potential purchaser of this alleged "Miami Vice" TR regarding both the authenticity of the vehicle and the integrity of the seller.

This may be one of the few scenarios where bad publicity is just bad publicity.

23. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    The guy gave us a crack at some free posts is all!

24. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  25. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah