MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 6 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    If I can't drive the 308 then what am I going to do with all these Hawaiian shirts I just bought?

I wish I had the time to be more active here as well as other car forums.

2. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ

And the investment is protected by the shield so it has to be safe!

3. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael

easy answer..."because he can"... ;)

but seriously...
    if I happened to have one of the Miami Vice Testarossas, I would post the vin and a bunch of pics in my very first post here...
    man, I might even get more chicks in it than our respected user shamile ever dreamed of ;)- though that might be quite difficult to accomplish :D

and as you already mentioned...the awful language and the childish behaviour of that realmuscle-guy is inexcusable...
    something even I - who`s first language is "foreign" - realized at first sight

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I hope I don't offend anyone, but while I think it would be cool to see the Testarossa from Miami Vice it is, at the end of the day, an unloved stage prop.

When you consider how incredibly expensive these cars can be to run if they are not properly maintained, who wants to deal with that extra layer of crap when you can find a well maintained example elsewhere.

To me owning the Miami Vice TR would be neat in the same way all that crap at Planet Hollywood is neat, but its not like its a retired race car, where you can sit in it, look at the scrapes and bruises and imagine this purpose built machine tearing up some famous racing circuit with a particular racing legend behind the wheel. I mean, its not a Shelby Daytona Coupe or a Ferrari P3 for goodness sake!

Here, at most, you are looking at a car that was the backdrop for a pretty cheesy TV show with actors pretending to be cops.

I just don't get it, but to each his own I guess.

5. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

And a Knight!!!

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #131 Rifledriver, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    You mean to say you're not a player for my Dukes Of Hazard Charger that I'm selling.

Daisy sat in it!!

It's the real deal..Dodge confirmed it 100%

And Duke's was not a cheesy show.

7. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Ranks right up there with the Cannonball Countach, possibly the mother-of-all overrated prop cars. It does however have a following of worshipers and sold for a pretty penny a few years ago.

At least these are real cars. I wonder what goes through the mind of someone that spends good money on one of the movie Batmobiles that are just fake props.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #133 BigTex, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Ahhh...this thread is now heading in the right direction!

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +100

11. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    For all the single mirror fans ! Watch it from start to finish , sorry shamile, no girls in this one, but at least the car is present ;)

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfbMoJnY5g]Miami Vice - Testarossa episode - YouTube[/ame]

12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Oh that computer! VINTAGE!!!

13. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael

promo video of what it can do...the Charger I mean... ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4W7E5BlLGM&feature=]The Dukes Of Hazzard All About Jumps - YouTube[/ame]

14. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love the Pabst Blue Ribbon next to the TV...quality.

15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Say....What??? Miami Vice defined coolness and an era. Forget street fashion, Vice was all about high fashion and super style. I just loved the high energy of that show.

Miami's reputation was changed and put on the map because of that show. The Vice influence can still be seen and felt in Miami today. Just take a drive on Collins Ave. in South Beach and you'll see.

Oh.....so....freakin' cooooool! I have the whole DVD collection but I never get sick of seeing it.

...no worries about the girlies lol :D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

16. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok Shamile,
    So assuming all you say is true regarding Miami Vice, would you pay a premium for one of the TR's from the show, if so, how much?

I don't collect TV show memorabilia so perhaps I don't have an appreciation for it.

Personally, The only unique provenance worth paying a premium for would a racing history.

Interested to hear yours and others thoughts

17. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #142 lear60man, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How about $25k for a Stormtrooper Helmet from Star Wars, or 40k for a Pulse Rifle from Aliens. One of the Deckard's blasters from Blade Runner went for over $200k a couple years ago.

I dont get it either....and I was in the business!!! If I want something cool, like an Iron Man set of armor, I make some calls or build it myself.

When you get into original Ruby Slippers or a Maltese falcon, thats Enzo price territory. The people who buy the big ticket screen stuff are like art collectors. I dont see the value in a Jasper Johns or Warhol piece, but there are only so many of them...supply demand etc.

There are more than a few guys building Batmobiles or General Lees because its a childhood dream. My childhood dream was to be Han Solo and Sonny Crockett. I ended up flying a private jet and driving a white TR. Below is a snapshot of some of the things in my collection. Everything below is a prop replica that I have made over the years. (C3PO is not mine).

I dont believe into paying an uber premium for a car just because it was 'the actual car'. But If Mr. Henn has turned down offers for close to 1 million, thats what I would rate the car at as well. Its not unreasonable for a highly collectible item. I wouldnt pay that much, but the next guy would.

Without multiple COA's, This Vice TR is a BUST.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I must admit that while this thread may be a bust, I've found your posts incredibly informative and illuminating. Thank you for taking the time to post

:)

19. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    This guy was full of S**T. Why tow a special car on a trashed tariler with missing fenders? Rob did the right thing.

20. Testarossa1

Testarossa1 Karting

Jun 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    +1

21. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    Clearly from the pictures and his thread the car had been sitting for a long time is storage. Knowing what we all know about these cars, would you just charge the battery and drive to the mechanic for service after years of sitting???

More than likely this guy is full of it, but its a cool car none the less (assuming its the real deal, of course)!

22. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Shamille, thanks for the kind words.
    I consider myself a huge MV fan, and I still think the OP was simply nonsense. Everything about this guy was shady, including his writting skills. With that said, I could easily manufacture a bogus plaque and stamp in onto a white Testarossa, including mine. I am not convinced this was "the" one. Had it been, it would already have been documented or at the very least sold a few times through the large auction houses. This was a "star" car and it just doesn't appear on the back of a cheap trailer looking like a barn find.

23. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I travel to Miami about every 2-3 weeks. I'll do everything I can to try to locate this car and see what he has. I'll reach out to this guy but suspect I won't hear back from him.

24. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
    I've followed this thread since the beginning and I hope we can still find out what this car is or isn't. So far we know it's a dusty white flying mirror TR on a trailer in Miami that has a curious badge on it. As a MV fan, it still looks like a cool car - screen used or not. Too bad he didn't share how he found it because that would tell us a lot more.

25. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ

I've spoken with the owner today. He shared with me the story about the car. Apparently the car was sold by the studio ( I'm guessing) to the previous owner who had the car in for service at Shelton (he said dealership) where he was told it was due for a service....the owner opted not to do the service because he didn't intend on driving the car anymore to preserve it. From there the car went into storage. He told me that was in 2004 where it has remained ever since. He didn't share how he found it, what he paid or where it was exactly. He claims to have all the documentation and the history on the repaint from black to white.

He was a very nice guy who isn't trying to sell it, but would if it was a worth while offer. He was very turned off by this forum and wasn't immediately able to go get more pics before he was banned by the moderators. He sent me 4 pictures of the car, at the shop where it sits now before it get a belt job.... at a minimum.

I told the owner that I'd like to see the car in a couple of weeks when I return to Miami for work. He said all I have to do is give him a heads up of when I'm coming and that he would let me see the car and the documentation he has.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.