Miami Vice Testarossa in Miami at Curated!!! | FerrariChat

Miami Vice Testarossa in Miami at Curated!!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by eloutfi, Jul 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eloutfi

eloutfi Rookie

Jul 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eli Loutfi
    Recently. Curated had the opportunity to purchase the screen used Miami Vice Testarossa from Preston Henn's collection that was displayed at the Fort Lauderdale Flea Market. The car currently has 6,200 miles. The car will still be displayed at Curated next week. A little background about this Testarossa #63259 is that it was originally delivered by Ferrari of North America to Universal Studios as a gift to the show since the company didn't like have the McBurnie Daytona spider replicas that were used on the show. This one was originally a Metallic Black or Nero Metallizato Testarossa over a Creme/Black interior. The car was featured first in the second episode of the 3rd season in black. The car was repainted white for better filming shots at night. It was then first featured as Crockett's ride in the third episode in the 3rd season in the iconic white. After the show was finished in 1990 the car was purchased immediately by Preston Henn. John Temerian had the chance the purchase it and the car had immediately sold in the first hours it was post on Instagram. Here are some pics and a video.

AD

Curated is thrilled to announce the arrival of one of the most iconic Ferrari examples in existence. The 1986 Ferrari Testarossa used in the television series Miami Vice. Chassis #063259 was one of two Metallic Black “Flying Mirror” Testarossa examples given to Universal Television by Ferrari. Director Michael Mann decided to have both cars repainted White to facilitate better visibility at night, and the iconic White on Crema Ferrari Testarossa livery was born.

Documented by both historians and its original title in Universal Television name, showing Ferrari North America as the Lienholder, Chassis #063259 was purchased by Mr. Preston Henn in April 1990 upon completion of the Miami Vice series production.

The late Preston Henn was a legendary entrepreneur and “larger-than-life” figure in the automotive community who famously raced around the world winning the 1983 24 Hours of Daytona. During his life, Henn amassed a massive car collection that remained on display at the Swap Shop. It was rumored for many years that Henn’s 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale could become the first car to sell for more than $100 million.

While in need of mechanical repairs, the former Henn Miami Vice Testarossa is exceptionally original and displaying less than 7,000 miles and still wearing its original Goodyear Eagle tires.

We are honored to have this car join us in Miami at Curated. It will be on display at our Miami showroom for the next two weeks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 and Parnelli like this.
  2. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
  3. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Curated -

how much were you asking for the MV Testarossa? I never even saw it listed anywhere. Would have been an interested buyer

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Parnelli-curated goes by [mention]SupercarGuru [/mention] - I asked but didn’t get a response yet;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. eloutfi

eloutfi Rookie

Jul 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eli Loutfi
    I was wondering the same thing. I know the other Testarossa sold for 151,000 at Barrett Jackson back in 2017 which I think is a far price. Yes even though they were used on the show, you got to keep in mind the maintenance costs for Testarossa since you have to do that 5-7 year timing belt service if your gonna drive it. I honestly was very disappointed when I saw the car sold like that immediately as this one was my favorite out of the 2 because this one had the crème/black interior with brown carpets in which you could see in a couple shots when Crockett was driving. Hopefully one day it will up for sale one day again.

[​IMG]