Metrowest meet Sunday mornings Starbucks Rt. 9 Southborough 9 AM | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Metrowest meet Sunday mornings Starbucks Rt. 9 Southborough 9 AM

Discussion in 'New England' started by Patentman, Aug 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Sunday, July 13th - "Rise & Shine Cruise–in: Shine Them Up and Show Them Off", Sunday Mornings, Beginning July 13th, 7:00-9:00 AM

Howdy, folks. Spent the day yesterday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, at one of 6th Gear's spectacular track days. As some of you may know, 6th Gear is an upscale track day organizer that offers more track time than club days, full white glove service: technicians from Ferrari of New England, drinks, meals and snacks, trackside photos and in-car videos, Spec Miata rentals, skid pad training, and even a masseuse! 6th Gear is run by our own Bruce Ledoux and Dave Ellard. Always a memorable time, with cool cars and great guys and gals. Yesterday was no exception, as we had Suzy Hiniker kicking butt out there in her silver 360 Challenge, a vicious Maserati Grandsport, lots of Porsches, Loti and Corvettes, and a few Lambos, Nobles, and more. My wife was giving rides in her 355 Challenge, and Bruce was scaring the bejezus out of folks in his 911 Cup car.

I bring this up because Dave Ellard, a fabulous guy (and former CIO of EMC) has just opened a new business that allows him to indulge in his love for cars: Triple Play, in Attleboro, Massachusetts. It's a one-stop shop for motorists on the run.

In just a few months, it's now the highest-volume Mobil gas station in New England (cheap gas), with a large convenience store, sandwich shop and Dunkin' Donuts attached. It's also a Valvoline quick change. And a fully automated carwash - with both a 24/7 touchless tunnel and a more thorough regular tunnel, AND a multi-lane detailing bay. One can fill up on gas, have a cup of coffee and a donut, stock up on soda, beer, chips and sandwiches, get an oil change and have your car detailed, all at once.

And Dave is now hosting a casual Sunday Morning cruise-in, starting at 7 am. Come on down, enjoy the ride, and hang out for a bit!

*** for those of us heading down from Metrowest, the North Shore or New Hampshire, if you want to meet up and cruise down together, we'll meet at the Rt 128/I-95 rest area in Wellesley (southbound, between Grove St and Rt 16) at 7:15 am - let me know if you're planning on joining us!

Triple Play Car Wash, 100 Washington Street (Rte 1)—Attleboro 508-915-4820

Vty,

--Dennis

2. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    If its dry, which venue is active now? Starbucks or the attleboro place?

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Sure looking forward to meeting up with you guys next week at the polo grounds. You've got some great cars there. I'm bringing as many of the CT chatters as I can.

4. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

Where have you guys gone? M.James, JDubois, Doody ??
    Patentman - I know what happened to you. Sorry to hear the news.

My wife and I are having an informal get together for sporty car nuts at the house, Autumn View Farm in Warren, MA, this Sunday.
    We're 30-40 minutes southwest of Worcester. (OK less than 30 minutes with the Fcar, Patentman would have made it in 20 minutes)
    The Fcar cousins from CT will be there.
    Come on over.

Details at [email protected]

Regards,
    Ed

5. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Sorry I couldn't make it, Ed. I had a Mid-Term Exam to work on that needed finishing. Otherwise, I would have been there for-sure. Does anyone make it to Southborough anymore? Sometimes I go by, and no cars anywhere.

6. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hey, there you are M.James. I was concerned that maybe you'd disappeared somewhere into cyberspace.

We missed you at the get together but making the education the top priority is a good move.

I haven't been to Southborough since the Brazilian GP drive. It seems that without Patentman we've lost our ring leader and momentum. The only time I really went to the Worcester area was for the Sunday morning coffee run.

I'm open to alternate suggestions. So suggest away.

Regards,
    Ed

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I'd offer up "The CT Gathering" if it isn't to far. We are winding down a little due to the season but expect a few more before we pack it in. The off season holds a few surprises as we are considering a few indoor venues. Cars may become an issue but comeraderie will prevail. Feel free to hop aboard.

8. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    In still here, but I smashed my 360 in early sept. and it takes about 3 months to fix a car like that. Once fixed, Im selling and getting a 430 spider or lambo G.

9. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Lane,

I'm going to try to make a "run south of the border" before the snow flies.
    Correction, I am going to make it.

I've met the Rocky Hill CT Starbucks gang and I can atest that they're as car crazy as we are. This is a good thing.
    Any other MetroWester's interested in heading south to see the cousins?

- Ed -

Patentman - glad to hear that you're still in the game and will soon be sporting a new ride.

10. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Hows Sunday looking for a Southborough meet? 70 degrees is the forecast, last day for the top down :(

11. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I heard rain is in the forecast.....if the asphalt is dry by 0900 AM, I might pull the cover off....

12. LookingForACure

LookingForACure Karting

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston environs
    This Sunday's weather prediction looks good (58 and partly cloudy - plenty warm enought to get the rubber to stick.) How many cars are still on the road and how many drivers plan to show? What time do you Metro Westerners meet up, these days?

13. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Is Rocky Hill CT to far? We have a pretty good looking turn out scheduled.

14. LookingForACure

LookingForACure Karting

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston environs
    Yes. Unfortunately, I wont have time on Sunday to venture out near Hartford. But thanks for the invitation and I hope you all have a good time.

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I won't be able to make it for the next few wkends unfortunately... hope you still get a good turnout

I will bump this up until the first snow hits, in case I can make a meet before all the holidays hit

16. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Bump

17. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
  18. Matt(in MA)

Matt(in MA) Rookie

Apr 11, 2008
    Middlesex Mass
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    anybody going?

Matt

19. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Any interest in meeting Saturday AM at this location? I used to attend when my car was running. Who is interested?

20. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    IT'S ALIVE!

Old thread but still a good idea- I'm always up for it...

Anybody else?

21. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Sat at 9 am sounds good to me.

22. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    Maybe I'll take a ride before I remove my interior sat afternoon

23. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Dunno about you, but this first-snow kinda threw me for a loop. What are the chances of getting one more drive in before things REALLY get crappy, or is it too late?

24. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Same here - it screwed my plans. I have other stuff to prioritize now, so I'm out :(

25. Matt(in MA)

Matt(in MA) Rookie

Apr 11, 2008
    Middlesex Mass
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'm in... !!!!