Metrowest meet Sunday mornings Starbucks Rt. 9 Southborough 9 AM | FerrariChat

Metrowest meet Sunday mornings Starbucks Rt. 9 Southborough 9 AM

Discussion in 'New England' started by Patentman, Aug 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Anyone interested in meeting in Metrowest area on Sunday mornings at Starbucks on Rt. 9 in Southborough (in the Tommaso Restaraunt plaza) around 9 AM? There is a large parking lot for plenty of cars.

I have a few friends who might be up for it with 430s, 360s and even gallardos so it does not have to be exclusively Ferrari IMHO - I have a 360 spider and a 911 cab, so I may switch it up some days as well. Also, most car meets are cruise nights and I am often busy at night, so Sunday mornings would work well. Think of it as church of a different kind.

What prompted this was that I was giong to take my 360 spider to the meet they have at starbucks in Beverly, MA today (Sunday) but its 10 AM now and I googled how to get there and it is about 75 miles from my house one way. So I'm headed to the local Starbucks in Southborough in my 360 spider for my raspberry mocha frappachocachinoloca. If someone gets this now and wants to meet, see you there.

--
    Barry

2. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    This meet location has been mentioned a few times now, we ought to just do it. I'm up for it, though it's too late today for me to make it. I think I'm going to plan on taking a drive over there next Sunday, weather permitting.

3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Next weekend (and thereafter) I can make it.

4. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    What prompted this was that I was giong to take my 360 spider to the meet they have at starbucks in Beverly, MA today (Sunday) but its 10 AM now and I googled how to get there and it is about 75 miles from my house one way. So I'm headed to the local Starbucks in Southborough in my 360 spider for my raspberry mocha frappachocachinoloca. If someone gets this now and wants to meet, see you there.

Thanks for trying. Can't believe distance is a problem with 180mph cars. I, as well as a lot of "South Shore" guys, could do this with enough notice. Kenny - can you pick up on this one? John - this might be an opportunity.

5. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Think of it as church of a different kind.

We call it the Church of the Holy Piston

6. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    OK - So I just Googled Southborough - middle of no where. Let's pick a spot a little further east - Newton maybe?

7. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Marriot lot - the old Norumbega Park - Junction Mass Pike/ Rte 30/ Rte 128.

8. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Any takers for next Sunday weather permitting?

9. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    Then it wouldn't be a "metrowest" gathering! (I live maybe 5 miles west of "nowhere" by your reckoning...) I would be glad to attend some Sunday AM gatherings wherever the consensus ends up- Beverly is sort of a hike for me as well.

Next weekend's out, though- I'll be at another "weekend meet". I checked on http://www.montereyhistoric.com/ and I'm thinking that there may even be a couple of Ferrari's there!

Gio P

10. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    You do have a great job John. Let me know if you need anyone to carry your bags. When I think of metro west, I'm thinking Natick/ Framingham, Boston being the "metropolis".

11. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Exactly my thought about Beverly. :)

Southborough is in a pretty good spot in order to draw people from further West and South while still being easy for Metrowest people to get to. Pushing it as far East as your wanting to makes it easier for people closer to the city, but makes it impractical as an informal Sunday morning drive for us out West.

12. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Newton is the start of metrowest, not the center. The northshore folks have their location, the idea here is to have something for the central metrowest and Worcester folks. The center of metrowest is probably Framingham, but Southborough is the next town out from there and will draw a large contingent of people from Westborough, Shrewsbury and Worcester. They may not sound like a bunch of happenin' towns, but I know of several exotic/european cars in Westborogh, Shrewsbury, Northborough and Worcester that include several 360s, 430s, 2 Gallardos, many 911's and a Carrera GT that might come routinely if it were within 10 or so miles of their locations.

I think most would prefer to have a location on a main road but not surrounded by busy public places like shopping malls. I think anywhere in Framingham on Rt. 9 it would quickly become more of a car show mostly for others as opposed to a more quiet hang out place for mingling between car owners. I hope this does not come across snobby. Others may certainly dissagree, but to me the location should be easy to find but not super busy with the general public, and while Framingham might be the center of metrowest, the places like the Starbucks on Rt. 9 in Shoppers World would make it an extremely busy place and there would be lots of on-lookers, non-owners, etc.

The Starbucks I suggested on Rt. 9 in Southborough is on the Framingham side of town, close to the Framingham pike entrance (about 1 or 2 miles) and also near Rt. 9 and 495 intersection (maybe 4 miles), and is not near any other public places that would attract lots of people on a Sunday (the starbucks is the only thing there). This section of Rt. 9 in Southborough is only office parks and has no public stores or attractions so it would remain relatively quiet and peaceful other than coffee seekers. The Southborough locaiton is 15 minutes from both Worcester as well as the wealthy towns of Welleslley, Newton, Weston, Sudbury, Natick, Dover, Sherborn, etc.

Can we agree try the Southborugh Starbucks location at least the first few times and if people want to move it somehwere else, let the consensus of attendees decide? Ironically, I wil not be able to make it this Sunday as I will be in Connetitcut - but after that things open up. I'm also planning to add a Gallardo spider to my collection so I hope its not taboo to open it to other marks besides Ferrari.

13. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    My bad - tantamount to a thread hi-jack. Was trying to come up with a location that would be central to North sore, South shore and Metro west

14. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Ah, NO. I won't drive a solid hour for a cup of coffee. Yes, there IS civilization west of Newton, ya know....

15. 05redgt

05redgt Rookie

Jun 22, 2006
    I could give it a try this sunday.

16. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Well, that sounds like there's at least three of us for this Sunday. I guess that means it's officially on.

Oh, and I definitely agree with Patentman, doesn't matter to me if not just Ferraris wanna show up. I'm happy to be a non-denominational group.

17. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Yes, there IS civilization west of Newton, ya know

opinions are like belly buttons - every one has one

18. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Oh, I'm just busting your chops....hopefully, no harm done!

19. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    no harm - no foul

20. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I used to store my car in Newton....while living in Leominster.....pure, sadistic torture.

21. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Bump - Is anyone planning on meeting this Sunday at the Starbuck Rt. 9 in Sourthborough at 9 AM? I plan to make it this week in my 360 spider, hope to see others there as well.

22. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    8/26 that is......
    - Ron

23. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    I'm game. As long as my 308 will actually start, I'll bring her. Otherwise I'll have to settle for bringing the Triumph.

24. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    If you guys are really serious I will be there - need to hear that Ansa on the Mass Pike. Have a former co-worker that lives in "metro west" and will give heads up - but only if you guys will really be there. C'mon - I'll make the trip.

25. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    I wil be there, and I know another 430 spider will be there too. I have a few lambo friends and am spreading the word. See you around 9 am Sunday Aug. 26 at Starbucks, Rt. 9 Southborugh, MA.