Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG

Discussion in 'New England' started by full_garage, Apr 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Definitetly won't be able to make this weekend regardless of the weather. Aiming for the 20th.

2. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'll be out of town that weekend- But every weekend- whoever is up for a casual hang- please come on by!

3. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Well,

I am beginning to think its time to just go buy a new pair of wiper blades for the TR and start driving it in the rain...it might prove to be good for it!

One by one, we are loosing the precious few weekends here in New England for driving and socializing with our freinds.

Anyone planning on going to Hartford next weekend?

The wife is working, but I am considering going down with my daughter.

Keep dry - Paul

4. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Did you see me waving at you the other day Paul?

Back on topic, you're so right. I'm beginning to feel a sense of why people can't keep regular events going up here, especially with the added ideal of events outside of the regular get-together causing people to divert you're looking at more over-flow.

With that being said, I still think these little get-togethers WILL work. We need to attempt, as best as possible, to keep them going every Sunday and making sure we can keep in touch with regulars when things change.

Consistency will definitely be the answer.

The other thing I want to express is exposure. We need these out in the open, not hidden away in a back lot. If we can't see any cool cars driving by then they can't see us either and we're in a good location to start picking up people who don't come here or have any idea.

The other suggestion I'm going to have is moving the event. I have a location that I've been scoping out and so far that is not that far away and it has had about a million Aston Martins (all different), a ton of Ferraris, and a bunch of Porsches that drive by as well as making the spotter list here on numerous occassions. After surveying Route 9 I've noticed that we are the ONLY group that is rolling through there.

Lets talk Jay/Paul!

5. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Hey Allen,

Where were we when you were waving...I must have missed you.

Agreed we probably should be in a more visible spot. On Sunday morning there are dozens of huge parking lots on Rt 9 that are totally empty.

The parking lot of Starbucks at Sherwood plaza is huge and has great visibility right on Rt 9...just for starters

Lets hear others guys

Lets throw out some ideas.

Paul

6. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm all for a more visible spot for sure-

If anybody showed up today my apologies- Drizzle, grey skies and lots of standing water are not my idea of a fun drive-

I've found the location for our new GTG- SAN DIEGO.

Allen-

Email or PM me with your ideas- I think we can get something happening.

7. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
  8. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
  9. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I'm in talks with an Italian food restaurant. He wants to do tons of events there and he has excellent parking. Won't open until later this month though.

10. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Allen,
    It was nice to see you yesterday...even nicer to see you between those hot models - That picture is now all over the internet!
    One of them got finger prints all over my TR...
    The rest of the summer is going to fly by, I have something going on almost every weekend right through labor day and they all don't involve Ferrari's :(
    Hope we can get something good going right after labor day.
    Where is this Italian retaurant? metrowest or down near you and Kenny?
    Jay, missed you at Tutto buddy

Paul

11. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Ketarina can leave her fingerprints anywhere as far as I'm concerned!

Yes, it is going to fly by, which is why I want to get a once a month thing going. It doesn't even have to involve the cars, so much as the fellowship, and sitting around a table with good food and good friends.

I PMed you on the restaurant.

I didn't like the cigar place we looked at because it didn't have drinks or hookahs and then the other place didn't have parking! I can't win.

12. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey guys-

Been the Summer of continual obligations for me- Driving kids to camp- Summer Lacrosse tournaments- Travel to China (Twice)....Just brutal.

And yet- an unusual number of F-car sightings on my nightly blasts- Black 360 CS in Westborough the other night- red 430 on Rt 9- sweet clean 308 GT4 on the pike-

I think I'm around for August...

13. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    A couple of buddies and I (996TT, black 360 CS, Esprit V8) are getting together this beautiful Sunday morning, 8/8, for a casual drive to Art Braddish Stand in North Grafton, MA, for lunch and dessert. We're meeting at the Newton Service Plaza off I-95 Southbound at 11 AM for a 11:15 AM departure. Feel free to join us. Great burgers, ice cream, and outside benches right next to the cars (3D view of the place below).

-Will

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&channel=s&hl=en&q=Art+Braddish+Stand&ie=UTF8&hq=Art+Braddish+Stand&hnear&ll=42.242704%2C-71.714094&spn=0.007355%2C0.013797&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=42.241434%2C-71.713715&panoid=UN6IClRhclCpWRZ0m9jiIA&cbp=12%2C265.78%2C%2C0%2C5.72

14. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I may be there.

15. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    There should be about 6 of us...see you there, Allen.

16. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    See you guys in the morning!

Richg
    Ken's pew pew
    camhabib
    karc
    Chucklehead
    Lotus Man
    GoingFast
    TomieG
    MyEvoDream
    the.wong.kid
    darthnefas

17. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Okay guys. We have a venue. It's not going to be open for a little bit, but think Italian food and a Jazz band and a discounts for those who bring their cars.

We can't go wrong on this one.

For those of you who want to be involved, feel free to PM me so I can keep you abreast. Jay and Paul will also be aware when things go down since they really are the reason this is going to start.

Keep in touch!

18. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Allen,

Looking forward to the updates...
    It is amazing you have any time for yourself, with eveything you're into - much appreciated
    Best regards
    Paul

19. lamborghinisown

lamborghinisown Karting

Sep 24, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Will
    Hey everyone, when is the next time you are having one of these meetings? id love to be able to see and experience some of your great cars :D

20. Mickfluff

Mickfluff Karting
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2009
    may suggest to attend the FONE (ferrari if new england) car show on Ct 16nth, This thread here and over at rennlist has never materialized into anything consistent. Rennlist is the worse forum to pull any car owners together, at least has been my experience. Not being critical just saying....

21. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I set it up so we can do meets any Sunday at Bistro 20 in Sudbury after 4 p.m. currently and earlier when they start opening earlier.