Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG

Discussion in 'New England' started by full_garage, Apr 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Well then, are we a go for next Sunday?

2. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Allen-

Geez I think SOMEBOY should be sounding the bell for this-

I know there are a few dozen guys who are regulars here for whom this is a convenient spot- I'll be there if we can get even a modest crowd-

Whaddya say Metrowest guys??

3. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    The funny thing is how many exotics are clustered in that area that just nobody knows about. I commonly go down Route 20 and see an Aston Martin of variating color and trim, as well as Ferraris and Porsches of all shapes and sizes. Lamborghinis, Rolls-Royce, and Bentley are common place there for both obvious and oblivious reasons. The best part is some of the bigger exotics (SLR, Veyrons) in the area.

I think it would be an absolute no brainer not to get something going there.

The real problem is, I don't know how many of those people come here. You would probably be horrified by how many Ferrari owners have no idea that Ferrari Chat even exists!

The thing that we have to do those is make a visible presence. In other words, you're not going to get new drivers who are using that road unless they can SEE the cars parked there with people talking and enjoying each other's company.

I like Route 9 for that because even though you're basically on the highway there is usually some sort of divider between store fronts and streets.

Lastly, we need to know if Starbucks is our store of choice or would something else between them all be more appropriate.

The thing is, for some of this I need input from the audience. That means you guys.

I work right up above Route 9 and on Route 20. There is a ton of stuff to do in the area and I could do the leg work after work. Both are connected to 95/128 and 495 and are good middle ground between the two.

I would like to have a get together just to sit down and discuss potential events and ideas. So if we even do it once then we can set the stage for what's next.

4. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm taking a drive by on Sunday after watchiing a Ferrari victory in Turkey :)

Hopefully I'll see somebody and if not I'll probably be early for my friends party.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    OK that makes TWO- I'll be there with my 355- Let's try and get a few of us together for a casual thing weather permitting.

6. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well I do own a local business but not Tomassos- I still gotta fit behind the wheel of that 355!!

7. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    What time? Is Starbucks a Definite? I can bring my Scud.

8. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Try for 10:00 am- Starbucks has a large parking lot that extends to the rear of the building so it works for our purposes- If another venue is available that makes more sense for more people then perhaps that should be discussed- but it would be nice to have a casual thing going- Why does Connecticut get to have all the fun-

See you Sunday morning!

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Unfortunatly, Im heading down the Cape for the weekend, after I sit in a few hours of traffic.
    Ill look forward to hookiong up in the future thou. I live locally, Grafton.

Thanks
    - Ron Frohock

10. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I should be there by 10:30-ish with the 308. I heard the weather is looking good.

11. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I'm thrilled to read that this meeting spot is being resurrected. PatentMan got the ball moving a few years ago and we, me included, dropped the ball. I can not make it this weekend. I'm equidistant from this location and the GB CT gathering spot and have committed to going south this Sunday. However, I shall certainly beg Mrs.AVFPolo to let me off barn choirs for a Sunday am run to the MetroW Gathering real soon.

- Ed -

12. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    It would be great to see you at a GTG that isn't one you put together! lol

So as it stands, 10 a.m. at Starbucks on Route 9.

The address:
    154 Turnpike Road
    Southborough, MA

At the meeting lets talk about venues and how we would like this to go. Full Garage is large and in charge. ;)

13. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Awesome- Still miss my 308...(Except when I fire up the 355..)

14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    at 10:00AM?
    I could try to shake loose?
    - Ron

15. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Yea, I have a few people who had realized it was at 10 a.m. (not too early and not too late) and are now thinking about showing.

16. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Yes, I plan on being there around 10:30

17. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I thought you guys get together on Sat morning.....
    Heading down the Cape now. Maybe next weekend.
    Have fun.
    - Ron

18. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Hi Guys,

Up at the Mount Washington Hotel for the weekend...it's beautiful up here.
    But hopefully everyone will want to keep it going and I will see you all next weekend.

Happy Memorial Day

Paul

19. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Paul-

Enjoy- Hope to drool over that perfect TR another weekend-

Jay

20. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Sorry Ron- as the post said- "It's every Sunday weather permitting"... Hope we can catch you in the future.

21. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    I'll be there with my Scud a little after 10:00

22. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Another great get together! R8 V10, Testarossa, Bentley Conti SC, F355, etc.

Unfortunately the Scud left with a flat tire after having a meet and greet with the curb, but otherwise, just plain fun.

23. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    #48 06Spider, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    Hey, I left the Scud there until the end. It was me that had to leave and go get the trailer. I can't believe someone jumped out of the woods and knifed my tire on my way in. Just tragic. LOL Anyway, not a scratch on the car and the wheel is sitting at FNE waiting for a new tire. Minimal aggravation considering. So I guess I get to meet everyone next time. I'll bring the CS to that one, my Scud has a sudden aversion to Starbuck's parking lots.

PS. Most expensive cup of coffee I ever had.

24. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Those knife wielding people hopped up on Frappucinos just can't be trusted! lol

I think the parking lot is mad at it too! Do you know how much it costs to clean rubber marks off a curbs! lol

Wait, you had coffee!

25. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    was the R8 an Fchatter? any rim damage on that curb?