Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG | FerrariChat

Metrowest Boston Exotic Cars GTG

Discussion in 'New England' started by full_garage, Apr 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Here's a little GTG started by some Porsche guys over on Rennlist.com- It's every Sunday weather permitting at the Starbucks on Rt 9 in Southboro guys start arriving 9:00am-10:00am. I'll be there on April 25 with my 355- Hope a few other Fcar owners can stop by and say Hi- Here's the info form Rennlist-

"A few years back we used to do this meet on a regular basis as soon as the weather warmed up. It was a lot of fun and there were some really cool cars that were on display.

In the end, I was the only car that showed up the last few times and the GTG just fizzled out.

Any interest in resurrecting this gathering?

Good coffee and car talk sans drive was the old way.

This newer event could incorporate a drive after coffee (or tea)....

Directions:

Tomasso Trattoria is located at 154 Turnpike Road, which is the eastbound side of Route 9, in Southborough, MA. Our building is on the site of the former White's Corner Restaurant.

From the East, Boston/Mass Turnpike Westbound
    (Route 90 W)
    Exit Mass Pike at Exit 12 (Rte. 9) in Framingham. After toll booth, follow signs for Route 9 West, Marlborough/Worcester. Stay on Route 9 for approximately 2 miles. Turn left at the traffic light in front of our building, across from the Sudbury Reservoir, and enter the parking lot.

From the West, Route 495/Mass Turnpike Eastbound
    (Route 90 E)
    Exit Mass Pike at Exit 11A (Rte. 495). Go north on Route 495 and take the first exit, Exit 23A, onto Route 9 East. Right after crossing Route 85 you will come to a traffic light at Breakneck Hill Road. The light is about 2 miles from the Route 495 exit. 154 Turnpike Road is on your right at the corner."

2. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Very last minute, but can we pull something together?

3. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Jay,

I don't think we have met yet...but weather permitting , car permitting, I will come by with my Testarossa.
    I live about 2 miles away from that Starbucks, in Framingham.
    I was out enjoying the TR with my daughter today, when I started having what I think was fuel pump issues.
    If its not raining in the morning and the car is not acting up I will be there...

Paul

4. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Paul-

Yeah I'm also a few minutes away- yes by all means BRING THE TR- It's on "The List"...along with a dozen other cars.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The guys over at Rennlist have been trying to revive this- I believe there was a smallish group of guys who were doing this years ago- Took my 911 to the last one. Just a casual group. Would love to get some of the nicer vehicles from the area to show up every now and again.

6. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I'm going to try hard to be up tomorrow by nine. It's actually near my work, so it won't be hard to find the place. This is on the 495 side.

7. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    It;s Rt 9 Eastbound- Halfway between Rt 495 of the West and the "Rt 9" Mass pike exit on the east.

Jay

8. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I went a few times with Ispeed from here and some 928s, also patentman - Barry with a 360 spyder. I would go but I can't get there in time..

9. buzztt

buzztt Rookie

Mar 5, 2010
    i couldnt make it this week but this is about ten minutes from my house so assuming there is one happening next week i'll stop by

i read about this on renn last year, glad to hear its happening again

10. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #10 full_garage, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rain scared away the Porsche guys-

I did get the chance to see Paul's AMAZING TR- Perhaps the best in the country... very humbling.

My 355 looked like a 280Z next to that magnificent beast...

I'm hoping with Allen's help we can get a quasi- permanent meeting place together- and start a little bit of a casual group- Why should the CT guys have all the fun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Jay,

Thanks for the comments, but your car did not look anything like a 280Z next to the TR.

Your 355 looks amazing as well... you also forgot to mention, that you could not even hear my car running next to your car! So sad.

It would be great if we could get a convenient spot soon that everyone likes, as that would provide us nearly 6 months of Sundays to hook up and make some new freinds.

It was great to meet you...see you in a few weeks.

Allen, it was fun being with you too!

Regards

Paul

12. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    For all us F-car owners here in the Boston Burbs- Let's try and get a regular Saturday or Sunday spot- To many cool cars and cool people to not meet up now and again.

13. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Is that red TR the low mile one that FoNe sold last year?

14. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Same one...
    Took possesion of the car begining of june last year with just under 1,800 miles on the clock
    after our little get together last Sunday, back into the garage with just under 3,000 miles.

Hoping for a better driving season thank last year...wet, wet, wet

15. Friar93

Friar93 Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    how did this turn out? Im interested and planning on making a few if its alive...couldnt come very Sunday but a regular gathering would be great.....even once a month.

16. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I was just coming in here to ask if we're doing this again this Sunday. Calendar seems to be clear.

17. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I heard that only 2 Porsches showed last week. I don't think its really being revived, or at least not on a weekly basis.

18. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Did the FoNE event last Saturday, so Sunday turned out to be family time.
    This Sunday is mothers day guy's...so if any of you married guys with kids, are that stupid to show up, you could end up sleeping in those beautiful cars.
    I have a really understanding wife when it comes to my car fetish, but I really don't want to sleep in the Testarossa.

Weather permitting...I am in for 5/16 around 10:00am

have a great weekend

19. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I would like to support the above mindset. and I'm also glad my wife doesn't read my posts. lol

20. Triton

Triton Karting

May 17, 2009
    Boston - Metro West
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    For all you brave guys that do get out in the morning, have fun and don't forget to post some pictures.

21. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    How about tomorrow?

22. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    If you guys don't mind an Esprit V8 tagging along, I've got a Starbucks gift card that could use a workout. It's good to see more events in the metrowest! Coffee and chat is great, but the mention of a drive afterwards did me in :)

23. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    You bet! I mean, they let me hang out (the enemy! lol) so you should actually fit right in.

I'm going to the Newport Concours and other stuff Sunday, so I hope you'll be there for that!

24. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Jay,

Am I reading that right that you own Tomasso's? I went there for a work function a couple years ago, got the spicy pasta dish that was very tasty! Best of Luck!

mike

25. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    If that's true, the heck with Starbucks. let's meet at lunch and open the Kitchen!