Metal of Honor | FerrariChat

Metal of Honor

Discussion in 'Technology' started by climb, Nov 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Loving this game.

Best graphics on an XBOX 360 game ever.

Sniper rifle and Hellfire missle missions make up a large portion of the game.

The helicopter missions are especially fantastic.

Haven't messed with online play but can't put the game down.

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    With Blackops around the corner I haven't bothered with this game yet. Looks like something to get eventually :eek:

3. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    That was my attitude too.

I took my nephew to Game Stop to get Black Ops only to find it wasn't out yet. I was worried it would feel like a Battlfield/COD take off (even though Medal is older than them) but have been very impressed with this game.

4. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    I have it but haven't played it yet. Still focusing on Reach and New Vegas. If I start playing too many video games all at once then I never finish any of them.

5. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #5 climb, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    I never finish them either but i can't stop buying the new ones. I was about half way thru Reach when i picked it up. I'll get back to Reach, Red Dead Redemption and COD world at war....someday.

Where this game pulls ahead of COD and Battlefield is in the sniper missions and the helicopter missions IMO. It's not the run of the mill zoom in and kill from far away. In the first sniper mission your on a mountain with a spotter helping you find your targets on the far side of the mountain. You have to switch from nightvision to infrared and back and forth to comb thru the mountain to find the enemies. The helicopter isn't the same ole grab a turret and fire at the enemies as you pass by but a pilot based run with different missles to choose from. You have to work with the other helicopter to take out the enemies. Found this much more fun than the flying missions in Halo Reach. The scenery, camera angles and graphics really add to the experience. Nothing exactly groundbreaking but updated and done well enough to make the game really enjoyable.

One complaint though is the sound (voice) you can hear everything the enemy says from a mile away and every shot and explosion but when your platoon leader gives you intructions you can barely make out what he says even when no fighting is going on. Found this same problem in most of the first person shooters lately. Just went back to play the last campaign on day 1 with the sniper rifle from the mountain down to the camps in the valley and my leader (duce or is that me?) and headquarters are talking back and forth to me and to each other in this muffled too low a volume to hear voice To make it worse they go out of their way to add realism by hearing your commands echoed off your spotters radio as your leader is giving them to you so that on top of the turds in the mouth diction at low volume you've got to hear the hollow echo from a radio unit 40 yards away . It takes three or four missions to differentiate between another soldier complaining about the heavy enemy fire and a command to move up or fall back. After five missions i realized my character was "Adams". Would have been better to play the game understanding that the first time through. Same thing with Halo Reach. In the cut scenes the characters talk to you and each other to give the story narrative but for the life of me i have no idea what the storyline is (except that we fight the covenant).

6. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I've been loving this game, too. I have about 27 hrs of multiplayer time in, and played the single player 1 1/2 times through. My internet dies from 4:30 to 11:00 every night (I hate Qwest!) so I play Vegas with any free time there.

7. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Played it quite a bit and to be honest I enjoy BC2 more. The sniping is better in BC2 with bullet drop ect. But if deathmatch arena style is your thing than this is a good game, just hard to get this over blackops or any COD.

in fact $60 is always hard to spend on a game.

8. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Haha! New xbox games cost $90-120 here!

If they were $60 here I'd go on a spending spree :D

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's not that bad if its multiplayer has legs. COD:BLOP has dedicated servers and Valve Anti Cheat so it should last a lot longer than MW2 for PC did.

10. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I can't play MW2 online anymore because of all the hackers. I'm running into a few on MOH now, and had almost 1-2 in every server the other night. BC2 is still my fav all around current online FPS. Comcast is coming in a few weeks, so no more Qwest lag. I can't wait.