[Merged] Schumi's comeback cancelled....:(( | Page 4 | FerrariChat

[Merged] Schumi's comeback cancelled....:((

Discussion in 'F1' started by Rennmaus, Aug 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Im stunned,pissed and to say dissapointed is an understatement is an understatement in it's own....

2. FerrariF1v12

BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    very possible...i see him coming back at SPA...Luca is a friend who worked so many years as a test driver,the team just like myself see him as a die-hard tifosi that deserves atleast his first World Championship points,maybe a win?

3. Franco B.

Franco B. Rookie

Sep 1, 2008
    Atlanta- NY
    Full Name:
    Franco Bertollini
    #78 Franco B., Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Was it the fact that Massa was not as bad as first believed? If the last 7 races could of been used to learn the car and use the time to make the car his own.Time will tell when Massa will return. Sorry for the new thread I was just upset on the bad news.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    repost x3/

5. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    I am disappointed in the news MS will not be coming back.

One can only hope Massa has a speedy recovery, and Badoer will be successful until his return.

6. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    OK. I will respect MS's descision, however-- he shouldn't have announced the return until he was sure he is ready. They could kept their mouth shut until 20th August. Now Willie Webber can put "the newly ordered mercgandise"--he knows where

7. FerrariF1v12

BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Go to f1technical.net and read LDMs words at the end.Says Schumi is still working with personal trainer.Badoer racing most likely 1 race long.I really do hope 3 cars are on the grid next year.Schumi,Felipe,Kimi= DREAM TEAM!!!

8. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    From where did you get that information?

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#84 SrfCity, Aug 11, 2009
    It's apparently now being disclosed that his neck injuries were far worse than reported. Why offer up your services if you know you're not fit? Granted he may have become a little overzealous but IMO he/they knew pretty early on that this wouldn't fly and maybe right from the start. That's why Badoer was carting with him as he was the real guy for the next race anyway.

10. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I agree with you 100 percent.

11. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I wouldn't worry about Eddie, he always talks Bull.

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i think the ground swell was needed for the sport. if he got in the car right away after the crash of fm, everyone would have speculated and wanted an immediate response.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #88 tifosi12, Aug 11, 2009
    Because the FIA will revoke his super license after the mess he'll cause in the first race...
    :)

I'd say it is a mix of everything: Neck injury, him being past his zenith and the F60 being just plain awful.

When we started discussions over who should replace Massa, I said I cannot believe MS would do it for these reasons. His comeback announcement prooved me wrong. Temporarily...

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    agreed

15. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
    disappointing news, back to tivo races to be watched only if something eventful happened.

I guess MS is back to the "stig gig"?

16. Philip Barnard-Browwn

Feb 25, 2007
    london.
    Full Name:
    Philip Barnard-Brown
    Offical websight just announced the cancellation of his comeback. Due to injuries from motorbike accident His neck was unable to with stand the G=forces
    Gutted.

17. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Too bad, I was really excited to see Schumi in the car again and for my wife to be able to see him drive. It would be nice to see 3 Ferrari's next year with him in one of them.

18. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    When will the drama end?

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    never, this is Formula One

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's right and that's why I love it!

21. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    Disagree 100%. FC would have been OUTRAGED to hear that he was secretly testing. Imagine the 'leaks' - Schumi in a 2007 F1 car...medical check ups...meetings. At Ferrari and Schumi have been transparent with the whole issue. Schumi always said it was dependent on him being fit enough so I think he has done everything 100% correctly.

I booked a ticket to Valencia from Australia and am obviously disappointed, but do understand the rationale.

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I think MS was 100% sincere in his desire to comeback, I think the issue of the Neck damage was even more than MS thought it was. I would have loved to see him comeback, but realizing now that he could have been paralyzed or killed back in February from that Moto Bike accident, I am happy he is ok.

23. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    +1!!!!

Another +1. He most probably never had that much stress on his neck since his accident, and I guess some "damage" is only really noticable under load, so to say...

24. jav

jav Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah- I mostly agree with this. In his press conferance, it basically came out that LM talked him into the idea and that once he agreed, he was committed to give it his best shot with the only caveat being the medical.

I too was looking into a Valencia trip and was real excited about the prospect but, I understand how tempermental the neck can be and don't beleive this was a ploy... at on MS's part.

My only complaint is the polar opposite messages his people put out before the announcment. His spokes woman correctly stated to the media that he would give consideration to any request Ferrari made of him. Within 24 hours- his manager tells the media he's 200% sure MS will NOT be in the car for Valencia. 24 hours after that- MS announces the attempted come back at Valencia.

That's a lot of back and forth and at this point- it looks like each and every flip- flopping statement is turning out to be 100% accurate. I wish Weber kept his mouth shut becuase now that his statement has come true- it raises that little bit of doubt.

25. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Isn't that the way these things often happen?
    It would have been better if they'd all gotten on the same page before making their statements.
    At least Max didn't get involved:)
    In any case it provided some interesting talk in an otherwise quiet period.