Mercedes S55 AMG | FerrariChat

Mercedes S55 AMG

Discussion in 'Other German' started by alexion, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Any current or former owners of one here?

I was always a BMW guy - still am actually - I just figured it was time to try something new. I've owned an Alpina B7 which was awesome, several 3-series variants and an e36 M3 currently, and wanted to get into a Mercedes.

I bought an S55 AMG a couple of months ago and I'm knocking on wood while I type this, but wow! What a car! Tremendous value for the money, great quality build, very fast, very good looking, and they sell for a fraction of the cost of a nice E39 M5.

I'm sure people might say apples to oranges, but I've seen nice E39's sell for upwards of $50k with low mileage, while an S55 with similar milage sells for less than half. I guess we all like what we like, and the E39 is an awesome car, though it's hard to argue the value propostion of the Sonderklasse.

anunakki likes this.
  2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Never had the S55 but I have owned the C55, E55 and currently the ML63 and they are all amazing (as long as you let someone else take the initial depreciation hit)

alexion likes this.