Sold - Mercedes E350 Cabrio | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold Mercedes E350 Cabrio

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ross, Nov 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks, but i am only pleased to no longer have to think about it. the price was not ideal, but the cost of keeping it was greater.

one thing that is for sure, buying a normal car these days, is an exercise in pissing money away at a rapid pace, regardless of where you choose to step on the curve.

i think car manufacturers are killing the market with oversupply. the millions upon millions of unsold cars that are backing up in depots around the world, cannot end well.

in any case, i have no intention of buying any normal cars ever again unless absolutely forced to do so by circumstances beyond my control.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Lease 'em and forget 'em. But you're right, especially with cars like Mercedes and Audi, where the potentially expensive upkeep scares away a lot of buyers. Had an Audi salesman TELL me, never buy a used Audi without a CPO warranty. And then, buy the extended warranty, and don't keep it past 6 years old.

A little scary, but true, a new Mercedes is just a quickly depreciating asset, right out the door.

D

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    yes, i had this car for about 2 years and 6k miles, and between the price decline, the maintenance, and the insurance, it cost me $1/mile. btw, i calculate that the first owners took an equal hit.
    it had an extended warranty which ran out in december, but was an exemplary car - whoever gets it will be getting a good deal. ironically the person who buys it now, could run it for about 20k miles, and only lose 10k....

leasing on most of these is just bleeding the money ahead of time.