Mega Car Condo Project | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mega Car Condo Project

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by bradolo, Mar 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    At the moment we do not have a sound level requirement. We had city council meetings and public hearings to address this issue with Pontiac. Our only sound requirement for the track is that all the cars must be street legal, so its no different than the cars driving on Woodward.

The garages range from $110K (600 sq ft) to $250K (1200 sq ft). There will be HOA fees just like any other condo development. The smaller units will be $100/month and the larger units will be $185/month. Property taxes per year are projected to be $2,000 for the smaller unit and $5,000 for the larger unit.

Regarding the track membership. Phase 1 buyers will get a year free in the M1 Motorsports Club. Each following year will be $3,500. The membership entitles you to lunch laps (1 hour) 4 days a week, 2 hours of open track on the weekend, 3 instructor lead driving events per month, and then any time the track is not being used you can rent it at a nominal fee.

2. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Is track membership available separately?

3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can pay a nominal fee to rent the entire track or just pay a small fee to use it for the day, like $100 and do as much as you can that day?

Considering there will be hundreds of cars stored there and in such close proximity to such a large population, I feel like the track would be way too busy for only 2 hours on the weekend. I mean, you can only have so many cars on the track at once, not to mention you don't want people who are high experienced with the very novice.

When I've done track days out at Gratten, it really is an all day event.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    from my understanding, the track is not going to be a waterford hills...

more akin to a "touring" vs a road atlanta

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What do you mean? The design they should won't be what's being run most of the time?

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    to my knowledge this track isnt going to be setup to SCCA / FIA specs and the like......

so if your looking to get some seat time like you would at Waterford hills or autobahn, etc etc etc - i do not think that is the case.

it is more like a "warm up track" if there is such a thing

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well that would certainly be retarded. Seems unlikely, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

8. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    just look at autobahn, monticello, amp....

costs to build a real track is serious cash

9. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    its not a racing track. it's more like a test track if anything. maybe give folks rides in your car without having to do it on WW with the dangers of breaking laws and getting arrested.

I just got a ticket for careless driving giving people rides, so I think this would be much better in that respect.

10. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    it could be like an evolution of Cars and Coffee meets. Imagine all the awesome stuff that would show up if you could run a lap or two on a private road like this. Its better than having all these awesome cars just sitting in a cramped parkinglot.

11. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    The track will be part of a private motorsports club. We are only offering memberships to our garage buyers. After we sell out of all of the garages we may open track memberships up to the public with an initiation fee.

We are building the track as a "performance track" and not a "race track". We do not plan on this being a sanctioned track. The main use for the track will be for corporate rentals, club rentals and a performance driving school. We will be bringing on a karting program as well.

12. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    There was an article in last Saturdays Detroit news.

(the math still ain't working for me)

13. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    The Detroit News ran an article last Saturday. There were some corrections that needed to be made. 80%, not 70% of the initial build of 80 private garages have been sold. The site does not require a significant environmental cleanup. What cleanup was needed was already done by the government prior to closing. And we will be breaking ground in May with our opening next spring.

14. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm happy to support the board. Yes, we are using message boards to promote the project and answer questions about what we are building.

15. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for subscribing!

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ohh boy, a big ****ing condo project and he subscribes to promote it on FerrariChat. such a stellar user. what other ways does this guy cut corners and costs?

17. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Wait, are you zurbric1 or bradolo? Or do we have two different users here pushing the same project?

18. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    We work together. The tread was started over 2 years ago. I just wanted to update it as some members of Fchat where asking questions about it.

19. zurbric1

zurbric1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    We haven't cut any corners. There are many ways to market and this tread was started 2 years ago when we were just starting on the project. Since then we have sponsored and hosted many events, along with advertising in many of the Detroit media outlets.

20. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    I think Rob was using sarcasm to hint that you could/should be paying for the advertising.

21. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Yup! That's why I said this on the first page.

I like the concept personally. I don't mind him toe-ing the line between informing us of the developments and selling us stuff, just as long as it's informative. I like how they answer the questions we ask. Sure, I'd prefer if they were already established Fchatters and participate in other threads besides this one. Sure it would have been nice to have them invite us to the thing they did last summer at the site. I went at the very last minute when I heard about it. Maybe they can invite us to more events they plan, who knows.

22. Buckynsparty

Buckynsparty Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    MI/AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Brad is a good guy with an awesome development concept. Just wish it was closer and I'd be in in a heartbeat. Best of luck!

23. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    For sure. The sour attitude here is part jealously and the rest is wanting in for free or on the cheap. Nice of them to give details and people should be happy to be invited but being bitter and acting like fchat is the only voice is just ego talking. Over 50 spots already paid for sounds like they got all the help and advice they need.

24. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Yes, as interesting as this project is. It is purely a commercial venture.

25. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I'll be the first to say that I've been skeptical since the start. Over the last 8-12 months, that skepticism is turning out to be unnecessary here. There are some very interesting players in Metro Detroit that are helping make this project a reality, and hopefully successful.

Heritage Farms seems to moving along nicely too.