MDX Headlights | FerrariChat

MDX Headlights

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Scotty, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I have a '05 MDX which I've owned for about 4 months. It has halogen projector headlights. I have A LOT of people flash me, thinking my high beams are on when they are not. My fogs are off. When it come time for the first service I will have the dealer check this, but has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks--Scott

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    It is a problem across the Acura line. People with TL's often complain about police harrassment as the police think they are either driving with Highs on or have modified their lows to become highs. (And they feel pretty stupid when they realize they are stock)

A quick flash back will let anyone realize they are your lows, or you can keep your fogs on.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Very true. My father has a TL with HID's. I have a BMW with HID's. Mine has self-leveling, his does not. When I am near a wall, my headlights make a nice smooth line. His has some sort of weird stepped shape. When I have passed TL's, I feel the lights are overly bright. When I am in his car driving behind someone, I am constantly lighting them up as we go up and down hills, etc.