Mclaren Senna. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mclaren Senna.

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by rossocorsa, Dec 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Q4 for senna. P1 definitely wins look wise.

IPO1 likes this.
  2. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I own a P1 and a 720S as well.

Is the Senna the most beautiful car on the road? No. But I do think that, in person, it looks great from several angle. The direct side-on angle, that they released initial images of, was challenging but you don't see the car from that angle unless you're only 3'7" tall and 720S and P1 are also challenging from that angle, although less so. When you see the car from normal eye height you have a much better 3 dimensional look at how the lines flow around the car and it looks way better. I thought it looked great at the Winter Ball when I saw it with my own eyes. The Mira Orange paint photographed horribly under the blue lights they used to create the lovely wintery feel that made the ball feel so special. Also they shouldn't show the car in Race Mode. Its look very odd, especially from the side, when the wheels are tucked up into their arches - I think the P1 suffers from the same thing. If you see the black car on the street it looks much better with a little air between the wheels and the arches.

I owned two 996-era Porsches. I thought they were butt ugly from almost any view that included the headlights, and I thought the center console was quite ugly too. But I loved driving them and sitting in the drivers seat I didn't care what they looked like on the outside. The Senna, on the other hand, has an absolutely beautiful and purposeful interior and will will drive like a dream. When you're sitting behind the wheel it's going to be spectacular and THAT'S what you're buying the car for.

Yes. The big differences over the P1 is going to be how incredibly light it is, how much downforce it has, how stable it will feel and how quickly it will accelerate and brake given having a better HP to weight ratio and hundreds of pounds less weight to fight against. It's going to be AMAZING! The 720S is fantastic on track, and comes close to the P1, but this car will exceed it and give you a lot more to play with while being less scary to drive (so you'll get far more out our it) and worth about half the price (based on current market values for P1).

See: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/putting-the-mclaren-senna-s-power-to-weight-ratio-into-perspective-ar178782.html

If you're enough of a McLaren collector to expect to get that next hypercar you're certainly not going to pass on this car and you're probably already well versed at what makes this car so special in the first place.

Schatten and Jo Sta7 like this.
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That rear wing looks like somebody landed a star destroyer from Star Wars on the back of an ugly car

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks for the perspective Nadeem and Mark.

5. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That spec is far nicer. The performance figures are crazy. I’m sure in person in the right spec it looks mental.

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    F2003-GA likes this.
  8. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  10. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yes, I wrote that. Howsoever, if I would be able to buy this monster, I would buy it. Probably currently (and maybe for a longer time) the best and effective (it seems that McLaren has not exaggerated) most focused street legal race car of the world, what a technical masterpiece, what a perfectly processed high-tech product, maybe the real star on the Geneva Motor Show. Congrats to all future owners!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Schatten, ekovalsky and NürScud like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Daniel, have you fallen and bumped your head? :)

13. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Too much champagne... ;)

No no, everything is fine. The Senna is simply an exceptional car, this product convinces completely!

14. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sir_Ferrari likes this.
  15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    This thread needs a bump.

Visited McLaren Technology Centre back in June with a fellow Fchatter when he spec'ed out his Senna. Even McLaren says their cars don't photograph well. It's an amazing car.

How about this lesser photographed detail? The push to drink water bottle option and helmet bag. Red button releases the water container (aluminum I believe). Electronics inside. Fitting is the same as a cool suit hookup. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boxer365 likes this.
  16. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  17. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Chassis #1. Anniversary white and blue (that white is fantastic)

Photos don’t do it justice. Awesome in person- love the thing.

Doesn’t hurt that McLaren treats their customers well (I am a lowly 570S owner, 600LT in order, but no 650, 720, etc- awesome private factory tour done in person, just my son and I- invited to have a seat)

Edit: photos are cropped- can’t fix on phone, will try when I get back stateside

Attached Files:

Gh21631 and Schatten like this.
  18. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Trying to like it, really am, just can't. Its not a road car, not a track car, not something to stare at, kinda whats the point.

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I think it's one of those things that have to be seen in person to be appreciated and study the details.

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why not a track car? Too expensive? Or bc it's road legal?

21. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I did hot laps in it with Bruno Senna driving. I seen it plenty.

22. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    ....And you can't appreciate it?

23. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Its too expensive and I'd rather just have a real track car with slicks. Its not necessary to have a $1M car to have fun on track. In fact, I would argue the opposite, its less fun because you worry about it too much and the maintenance is a PITA (7 months to make a rotor, seriously?). any challenge car, or gt3, with proper slicks would be more enjoyable.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I see what you mean. I agree that a dedicated track car would be more fun and depending on which, faster as well.
    These cars are so expensive nowadays..you could buy a 458 GT2 and have enough left to run it for 3 years for the price of a Senna.

25. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    true but at least the Senna retains its value whereas the gt2's have extraordinary running costs