Mclaren F1 pics | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Mclaren F1 pics

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Carsonp, Dec 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #1551 Schatten, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    mattymouse33 and Afonsolaw like this.
  2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Should be 039, originally built for Ron Dennis in Brazilian Brown, but he chose not to keep it. Now it is believed to be lost in Mexico unfortunately.

>8^)
    ER

3. bmagni

bmagni Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Not lost but very well hidden as it "supposedly" belongs to a drug lord

4. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    #1554 jacdias12, Jun 20, 2015
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That color is spectacular, on a very spectacular car. Thanks for posting, João...T

6. MTB_Dude

MTB_Dude Rookie

Jan 22, 2011
    Did someone mess up the spec sheet? I thought the GT came with the same transmission as the standard F1

7. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    I really like that color too, beautiful

8. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    #1558 jacdias12, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

I don't now but that car is a prototype, let us wait for someone with more knowledge, but I think I read here in this thread that car belong's to Mclaren, and I think the Mclaren don't want to mess up with her own car, but we will see.

Sorry to all for my english, not the best!

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, that description is quite inaccurate. The GT, even that Prototype, uses the same 6-speed manual box found in all McLaren F1 road cars.

The 7-speed SSG was introduced with the 12C and variations of it are used in all of McLaren's current products.

>8^)
    ER

10. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    Thanks Erik for the explication

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    One of my favorite cars of all time. Awesome pics, cheers.

12. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    #1562 jacdias12, Jun 21, 2015
    kandi and Christian.Fr like this.
  13. jacdias12

jacdias12 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    João
    I spent the last few days, reading the threads of Mclaren, here, in the teamspeed forum and in the AF!
    I learn a lot in the past few days about Mclaren, it is a real pleasure read about this wonderfull car, many thanks to all of you, especially Erik, it's amazing your knowledge about this car.
    Erik, I have one question.. Where can I read about your first experience inside the F1? I discovered one link you post but in this moment the connection is already dead, so if you can provide would be great.

Many thanks to all of you :D

14. berryman

berryman Rookie

May 22, 2004
    To the best of my knowledge, none of the F1's were properly certified to CA standards. The cars built after 1/1/1996 would require OBDII, a redundant system designed for OBII only, not a piggy backed unit. McLaren chose not to do it and I doubt the CA certifiers did. There are so many work arounds....
    Fritz did not remove the seats but made covers for them.
    There are so many lies in the application, IMHO, I could write a book. McLaren's involvement with Fritz is everywhere in the file, an involvement they deny.

burgerman likes this.
  15. Capital

Capital Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    This thread is amazing amount for the amount of information on the McLaren F1 which is my favourite car of all time since childhood. Special thanks to Peloton25 for sharing his encyclopedic knowledge of this legendary supercar.

16. GG Allin

GG Allin Karting

Nov 11, 2007
    How many McLaren F1's are owned by someone who also owns a 250 GTO?

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I'm not familiar enough with the list of current 250 GTO owners to provide a solid answer, but off the top of my head I can think of several.

Ralph Lauren - 1 GTO, 3 McLaren F1s
    Peter Sachs - 1 GTO, 1 McLaren F1
    Joseph Barone - 1 GTO, 1 McLaren F1
    Lawrence Stroll - 1 GTO, 2 McLaren F1s
    Charles Nearburg - 1 GTO, 1 McLaren F1
    McCaw brothers - 2 or 3 GTOs (?), 2 McLaren F1s
    Christian Glaesel - 1 GTO, 1 McLaren F1

The effort would get even more complicated if you wanted to count people who have owned both at some point - Tom Price, Irvine Laidlaw, Chris Evans, Bernie Carl, Yoshio Tsuzuki, Shikuni Okamoto - all spring to mind as past owners of at least one of each, and I'm quite sure there are some I would neglect to mention.

>8^)
    ER

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've always loved 014's color combo. I just wish they put on the LM sideskirts as well to finish it off. I think it would look a lot better with that subtle change, but otherwise great look car. Way better than the original yellow.

19. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    I believe Nick Mason also belongs to this very elite club.

20. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Certainly correct - he also has one of each and was on my mental list at one point yesterday when I formulated that post, but then I failed to include him.

>8^)
    ER

21. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I don't know what it is, but I assume there must be a reason this hasn't been done to any of the 9 F1 road cars that wear or have worn the High Downforce Kit.

>8^)
    ER

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I can't recall where I read it...maybe one of your old posts, but is it true McLaren no longer offers the high downforce kit to F1 owners? I wonder if the lack of sideskirts was something to prevent true LM-look-a-like cars. A white LM would look incredible especially maintaining silver wheels and orange interior. Hopefully one of the ugly graphic-covered Brunei LMs gets resprayed white and the other all black.

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    No, I'm not aware of that being the case. I can ask someone who would know the answer, but my guess is that if it were requested by a customer it could still be done as they've said they can source or produce any part necessary for the F1s. I don't see any reason why they would draw a line and say 'no more' on that upgrade. I do think the mindset of most buyers now is to have the most original car they can get their hands on so that might be why we haven't seen any new ones since the prices took off.

>8^)
    ER

24. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What is Ralph Lauren's third F1? I'm aware of the orange LM and the original silver but a third is news to me!