DFW - McLaren Dallas | FerrariChat

DFW McLaren Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by slm, Dec 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Anyone have any experience with their service department? Thinking of buying another McLaren and would need to get my service there. I did not have a good experience with them years ago with my 12C and reviews do not look that good.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Isn’t most of that nature of the beast and not the dealer? People buy what is one of the rawest most race inspired exotics on the market and the get surprised by 5-digit maintenance.

I like their sales department, but have never worked with service although Park Place top notch. Several of us know the manager there and he’s a great guy. Did you go to Crescent this year? Shawn is really good friends with the manager.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Rob, that is mainly why I am reaching out. My previous experience and what I am seeing from other folks is not the cost of the service, but the quality and how they treat people. When I had my 12C, I had reached out to them when it was time for service. They could not have been any more disinterested in assisting me. I just don't want to get a car that I cannot get serviced without pain and suffering.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you didn't meet Shawn at Crescent this year, I could introduce you to the manager?

Oops, just saw the person we know is the parts manager, but they're pretty connected to service I would think. I don't know any of the higher names there. Sorry, looks like I don't have the pull I though. :eek:

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I think i briefly met Shawn. I he the guy from Hagerty?

6. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I was invited to one of their open houses two years ago. Was planning on purchasing a spider. Not sure if it was the California I drove in or the jeans but I have never been ignored before like that in my life- needless to say I bought a Huracan- thank God.
    Sorry but the reviews of the car... and the dealership, speak for themselves. BTW, go drive a Huracan.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Shawn is the previous FCA DFW president did a great job with the club friends with Chris. He has a black 430, Nolan from Hagerty was his Co.

8. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    gotcha. I met him briefly, but did not get to spend any time with him.

9. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    JP Euro can service your McLaren. That is where we take ours as well as many other owners we know.

10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks for the info. I don't live in Dallas. McLaren Dallas is the closest McLaren dealer to me.

I know this has been debated endlessly, but I would rather have my car worked on by a dealer while under warrenty for a lot of reasons.

11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks for the input. Funny, I let a message for the service manager to call me today... No joy!

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Sent you a PM

S

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed