Mclaren 765LT, The Worlds Quickest Production Vehicle Ever | FerrariChat

Mclaren 765LT, The Worlds Quickest Production Vehicle Ever

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 06viper, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 06viper

06viper Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    NM-AZ
    I know this is a Ferrari Forum and im sure I will get backlash for posting this, but it was pretty wild to see the new Mclaren 765LT in action on Brook's YouTube channel this past weekend. 0-60 in 2.1 seconds, quarter mile in 9.33 seconds, all stock! No supercar or hypercar from any brand touches that in stock form. Can only imagine what this thing will do on a road course once people start tracking them. Ferrari is going to need to step up their game big time if it wants to compete with this level of performance..... I mean this is supposed to be the main competitor for the Pista correct? The Pista doesn't even come close! Wonder if the SF90 will run similar numbers to the 765LT?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sounds pretty cool.

As for Ferrari upping their game, their goal has never been to be the builder of the worlds fastest street cars. Not sure where anyone gets the idea. Not aware of a time in their history when they were.

Art138, anunakki, rob lay and 4 others like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Makes HyperCars irrelevant. What a car.

4. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Unpopular opinion 1: 0-60 times are irrelevant.

Unpopular opinion 2: 0-60 times on a sticky drag surface with sticky tires are even more irrelevant.

Nuvolari, Bas, Arvid and 5 others like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yeah I don’t really believe that time in real life conditions.
    Too fast for a twisty road anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Every company does the same in one test or the other. Professional driver under conditions no owner would ever subject their own car to.

Bragging rights for publication in advertisements and teenager magazine writers will say it over and over every chance they get in the hopes of being given one to test.

tritone and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    0-60 times are far more relevant than top speed, 1/4 mile or almost any other stat. Perhaps 5-60mph is more relevant. You can actually go 0-60 on public roads, without breaking the law and 0-60 in less than 2.5s is a helluva alot of fun.

0-60 on a sticky drag surface is fairly consistent metric to compare cars on, 0-60 on some random street can vary significantly depending on the pavement.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. 06viper

06viper Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    NM-AZ
    There is more to the video than just the 0-60 time..... 9.33 quarter mile is the most impressive. Sticky surface or not, any vehicle that can run that time especially a stock vehicle, is unreal. I personally don't know of any other stock vehicles that can run a time like that, hypercar or supercar. Please correct me if I am wrong and there is a vehicle that can.

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    This may be true but 150 mph is relevant.

10. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I have commented in other places about this car. It surpassed the Dodge Viper ACR as my fastest street legal non hyper car. It is thrilling on the street and on the track. It is extremely fast, with excellent torque, speed, and is coupled with quite satisfying handling. I liked it so much after tracking extensively, I drove it to and from my home eight hours each way. It is a stunning car in so many ways. All this from someone who sold their 720 in under six months because I found the car dull.

The 765 LT is a baby Senna GTR: my fastest track car not counting my 2006 F1.

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    No surprise

0 -204 mph

12. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    And to think that the new Tesla Model S Plaid+ is faster than that. Crazy times.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would argune the sticky surface thing.

I don't think brooks is having the track NHRA prepped when he goes out there.

And if you have ever been to a drag strip... Those things are as slick as an ice skating rink unless it's prepped ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRACK.

I almost totalled my viper grabbing 4th gear at firebird raceway because I thought I could be mean to it on that shift because it shouldn't be slick this far down and the car is going so fast.

Friggin almost lost it.

That NEVER EVER happen on the street.

Ever.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great point.

15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #16 BJK, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Beast (race gas, cool temps)

16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    similar results (race gas, hot temps)

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Beam me up Scotty!

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Brooks just ran 9.37 at 151.8 with stock tires. Not sure if he used race gas or not.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    DT already did some texting in SF90 and says it’s faster.

ChipG likes this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  21. F430_6speed

F430_6speed Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    Compton / New Orleans
    Ummm I don’t know what drag strip you go to but there not like Ice rinks as you say. Most tracks how sticky up to the 60ft mark you buggin with that comment just say you can’t drive.

22. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #23 technom3, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021

I'm in my 20s I went to two different drag strips 4 nights a week. And held an NHRA license... As well as a world record albeit in not that fast of a car.

What your post tells me is you have never driven a car with alot of horse power on a drag strip. Because even with a modest 550hp an unprepped track past the eighth can get slippery even on a sticky tire let alone the 1500 hp cars I've taken down the track.

If they are not prepped they can be ice skating rinks if you drive something other than a honda civic.

Next time try not to be so condescending.

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Keaton, I am glad to see you are still posting here. Well, one car does come to mind that can run a similar or faster time that is a stock car. It is a hybrid though :) and yes I know it costs more.

All that being said the 765LT is a beast. One of my customers is getting one (he is an fchatter too) I am excited to hear what he thinks. Have you about thought ordering one?

06viper likes this.
  24. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Nice looking car,
    BUT
    it looks like everything is done for you.
    Maybe car company's will come out with a car that will open the door when you get close, start the engine, then take you down the 1/4 in 5 sec, without you doing anything at all.

Ultima RS likes this.