May 12 : Winston-Salem C&C + Mooresville Kart Racing | FerrariChat

May 12 : Winston-Salem C&C + Mooresville Kart Racing

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by DCNSX, May 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Below is a Ferrari Club event but it is open to our F-Chat friends . Pls RSVP per below.

We have a great day planned in central North Carolina for the Ferrari Club on Saturday May 12. The day is “buffet style” – you may attend just one -or all four - of the events below. Here’s an overview:

1. “Ferrari Day” at Winston-Salem Cars & Coffee. 9am-11am We're expecting 12+ Ferraris.
    2. Back-roads drive from Winston-Salem to Mooreseville (between Charlotte & Greensboro) 11am-12:30pm
    3. BBQ lunch at Lancaster’s BBQ in Mooresville 12:30-1:30pm
    4. Kart racing at GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville 1:30-3:30pm

Please RSVP to [email protected] so that we can plan accordingly. Just let me know if you will be doing events 1, 3, 4, etc.

1. Cars & Coffee at Reynolda Village in Winston-Salem. This is one of the nicer C&C venues you will find. Parking on the grass (we have reserved spaces for “Ferrari Day”) with free coffee, free Krispy Kreme doughnuts- and a live band! https://www.reynoldavillage.com/

2. For the drive we’ll have just a bit of interstate, followed by some sweeping rural back roads on the way to the restaurant. Drive will be about 90 minutes.

3. Lunch will be pay-as-you-go. Get ready for some racing in this NASCAR-themed “Eastern NC style” barbecue restaurant. Please do RSVP for an accurate head-count. Note this is the 515 Rinehardt Rd. Mooresville location (not Huntersville.) http://lancastersbbq.com/photos/mooresville-photos/

4. Kart Racing at GoPro Motorplex. These are not your carnival-style kiddy karts. These racing karts hit 55mph on NC’s only outdoor kart racing track. Eleven turns will test your driving skills. $95 per person for a 2-hour event. includes 1 qualifying and 2 races. Helmets provided (bring your GoPro camera to record the action- helmets have camera mounts!) The winner will have HUGE bragging rights! Check out a sample lap here: http://www.gopromotorplex.com/

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

It's in my own backyard -- literally, but cannot attend. :(

I have three mountains to climb on Saturday - Pilot, Sauratown, and Hanging Rock (about 105 miles), in the final prep for a multi-day bike race the following week.

3. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Daniel, I would need a 12-cylinder bike to make it 105 miles up and down mountains. :) Good luck in your race.

4. TimFastLap

TimFastLap Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Tim Masters
    Peggy and I will be driving from Durham to attend. Anyone want to join up for the ride out? Tim

5. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    For the kart racing, please make sure you have closed-toe shoes. Helmets, etc will be provided but you may bring your own helmet. Tim (and anyone else coming) , pls RSVP here - or PM me- and let me know which events( 1-4 ) from the list above that you will attend. Thanks!