Max Verstappen | Page 70 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The no windshield was the decisive factor for me too...i'll just keep my old c-station for a few more years!!

Bas likes this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    French riviera, Swiss alps, etc.

SimCity3 and Bas like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Tell me about it after you are caught in a shower of rain!
    Some cars look so unpractical they really turn me off.

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Look at the meteo on your iPhone before driving it.

Bas likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's what I mean by really unpractical: a fair weather car !

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If you give it to me, rain drops on the interior will be the least of the car problems!:)

7. #1733 lorenzobandini, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Please advise'......

When have automobiles that cost more then houses ever been meant to be "practical"??? Image Unavailable, Please Login

As in 1728, I say buy two. One for thrashing about some circuits; the other to look at as an investment. :)

Me? I'd like to build another Catang (Capri/Mustang) and kick some more arse with it. 'Just gettin' too old and tired for the build tho....... Image Unavailable, Please Login

:)

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    As I am not interested in track days or "kickin arses", but far away touring, my tastes are different.
    A car has to be stylish, but reliable and offers a minimum of practicality to be of any interest to me.
    It needs to transport 2 people in comfort with a minimum of 1 cabin size suitcase each over long distances, like a GT is supposed to do.
    I detest flying, and love driving across Europe, from Norway to Greece, or Portugal, even Morocco in North Africa.
    Having sampled many cars in my 52 years of driving, I found that not many sports cars can do that.
    They are or uncomfortable after 200 miles, or not fully water proof, or require mechanical attention.
    My best choice was the Porsche 911, and I had 5 of them.
    I drove 2 of them as far as Moscow and St Petersburg, and they proved to be very reliable.
    My next ambition is to go to Turkey by road, but now it will be with a more rugged Mercedes 4x4 SUV coupé .

zygomatic and lorenzobandini like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What a pointless discussion: It's not as if the SP2 will be his sole car! He can afford practically any car he damn pleases, I'm sure this will just be a toy to him rather than his daily driver:rolleyes:

Flavio_C likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Do I detect some censorship here ? o_O

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ?

12. TMI....we're in agreement. That's why I stated, in the beginning, that I would"rather" have it's "apparent" roots, a Solstice. to toss about for fun, rather than a piece of art for looking at and investment.
    One of these days, you'll pick up on my sarcasm. :)

A "pointless" discussion? I didn't notice anyone mentioning Max besides Maha and yourself so I don't see it as such. We were discussing the car and our preferences, not Max. Anywho, at least it's more adult like than the many, many with all the name calling and mud slinging.....yes? ;)

Or no?:oops:

:)

william likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Mama Verstappen at 1:27

15. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Fair weather is not so uncommon around Var :)

16. #1742 lorenzobandini, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    She is the short girl from 1:27 to 1:31.

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    No disrespect to the Solstice, it’s a fantastic car, and in GXP variant, I could possibly eat crow. The context of my admittedly banal and elitist presentation is just that, Crashstappen didn’t buy it for value nor everyday fun factor.

Ultra collectors cars can’t really be fairly compared to mass production sports cars, just very different parameters.

A Fiat 500 Abarth which I love can run circles around many vintage Ferrari on track. If I had to choose one, I still know which I would pick.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You very well maybe right, though my neighbor I think would disagree based on his own experiences.

Again, no personal attack intended to Pontiac, just that it’s hard to compare the two.

You know the comparisons I speak of on any drag race video, say for example:

mclaren 720 hits 9’s for the 1/4 you’ll get the proverbial...

“my modded Civic, Mustang, Vette, (insert whatever fan boy car/brand they own favor) will beat *that* overpriced Maca for (insert price difference here.)”

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1746 paulchua, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Another benefit of owning vintage Ferrari, both mine have historical plates, cops have let me off each and every time I may have had a heavy foot. Not so in my Toyota. Something tells me Max will get the Michael Andretti treatment If he gets pulled over in Netherlands,

Again, happy for anyone that loves whatever car, more power to them.

Ferrari has been very good to me, and this being FERRARIchat, excuse my tendency to not curb my enthusiasm toward the marque. In terms of value, while I am not blessed to make money with Ferrari*, I personally know many that have, I don’t know anybody that has made money with Pontiac (though of course it happens.)

Make no mistake, I bring up money since the value proposition was the original point of contention. Max will make money if he hangs on to the thing, with that money he can buy several Pontiac Solstices and then everybody will be happy.

*I forgot I made about 60K with NYSE:RACE.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think Max bought the Monza as an investment. He can afford real blue chip classic Ferrari's that will be much more likely to make money in x years time. I think he bought the car simply because he likes it and wants it.

Even if the Monza goes up in value by a factor of 5, this will most certainly be peanuts to him by then (actually, it already is!).

paulchua and 375+ like this.
  22. :)

A) Understood all along.
    C) Absolutely.
    D) Me either.
    E) Understood also. Mine was, originally as it was what hit me, the similarity.

B) Saved for last as it is my interest....driving fast that is. The secret with the "law" is (as in ye olde endurance racing) to drive very quickly whilst appearing not so. Ala Jim (Clark) in not even endurance.

I visit FC only for the racing boards. I appreciate Ferraris for sure, but have no desire to own any. I couldn't resist beating them up on the road and that would be either sacrilegious, very, very expensive, or both. :)
    I'm not an art fan, and that is what I consider Ferraris. Nothing wrong with that, of course, just not my bag.

Honestly, I'm still hunting for a good Gremlin that I can throw the stuff I put on my original '74 (then a '71 replacement for the '74 as it was totaled by a red light runner by Henn's FtL Swap Shop) I had from '75-'85.
    'Quite the innocent looking sleeper of an econo-(literal)box. 'Got me a podium finish against many faster cars, (and a couple of GTU Porsche rides in 2 Rolex 24s) at a Bridgehampton Solo meet in '77. I want another. :D

paulchua likes this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, similar to why Lewis Hamilton bought a La Ferrari.

Bas likes this.
  24. What's his net income and worth?