MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME | Page 47 | FerrariChat

MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    PM ahead of time, there are some cool car places I want to take you to. If you bring your wife, she can go out with mine.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Brilliant, I support this wholeheartedly. I would like to see Alain replace Mosley. At least now, we'll have an intelligent man, with MASSIVE racing experience and accomplishment.

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes I think Alain would do a good job: the fact that his team went bust is not a stain on him, he received zero help in his own country (I am half French I can say it) re sponsorship etc.
    I am sure he would do well and since he drove both for McLaren and Ferrari he would have a balanced approach to F1 as well as a good overall view of what needs to be done for the good of motorsport.

6. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    The latest twists and turns:

7. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    David Pannick QC on the Mosely affair: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/columnists/david_pannick/article3987700.ece

He seems to basically be saying that he should stay in the job as his sexual fantasies are none of our business. I agree with that point, but I think Max has to go as the revelations about his sex life have made it impossible for him to carry out the duties of an FIA President. If nobody is willing to be seen in public with him then he must go. He has every right to feel aggreived, set-up, and angry but he should also realise his time is up.

8. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Add Berger to the list of candidates too: http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=85379&newlang=&topic=1&catid=1
    I like Berger, but I don't trust the journalists who put his name forward. I'd rather see Berger or Prost doing the job than Todt.

9. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
  10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    True, how hard can it be to pick someone with no affiliation's.

11. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I for one:)

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What! on Ferrari chat, ermm 2nd thought's you got the job then :D

Search the Chelsea flat for camera's first though....:)

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Like Groucho, I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member:)

14. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I don’t think it’s the revelations that are making impossible, it the scandal some are making of them and fear of being drawn into it. Once the vote is done and he is reaffirmed as FIA president the problem will simply cease to be....because it's a non-issue.

15. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

He MUST go.

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  17. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Possibly:
    A similar point is made in the Autosport article:

18. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't know what else to say other than Max is one of the slimiest people I've ever seen operate. He says "I was forced to submit this issue to the FIA because so many clubs told me I must stay on, so I *had* to do the right thing and let the FIA decide". What an utter sleaze!

I hope he gets voted out next week, partly because I hate the guy but also just to see the utter hubris and conceit and how a man like that will take it... he may go nuts and lash out at everyone.

If he doesn't leave, I think it will be a big blow for Bernie. I would imagine Bernie is working hard to get him out ASAP. The AAA has said they will leave the FIA if Max isn't booted and I think other clubs have too. So doesn't that mean that there is zero hope for an F1 race in the USA in the future? Who else could sanction the race? If there would be no F1 race in the USA ever again because of this, it would be a gigantic blow to Bernie and the F1 teams, IMO.

I look at it this way... if Max was to just have quit, nothing would have happened - all would be OK. But since he's trying to cling on, the FIA is fracturing, Bernie is against him, the teams are against him, 85% of the FIA membership is against him. If he isn't booted, this will create a big problem for the FIA and for F1... how can Mercedes and BMW be part of F1 with Max in charge? How can Bernie get his goal of F1 being the pasttime of the idle rich and drenched in intrigue and allure when all of the important people that Bernie wants to woo refuse to meet with Max or have anything to do with him?

I bet Bernie is working overtime to convince the clubs to vote Max out. I am sure Max is working overtime too to the opposite effect. This just seems to be a huge rift in F1 and in the whole FIA and it's 100% caused by Max not giving a crap about all of that and just desperate to cling to his office. It will only get more interesting from here on out, and I have a feeling that I will be sending beer to Andreas without much doubt :)

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    "the utter hubris and conceit and how a man like that will take it... he may go nuts and lash out at everyone. "

Absolutely right as I have been saying since the beginning this is someone who feels he is unaccountable, above the fray and does not even consider that he can ever be cornered....but when a snake finally is cornered you see a totally different person emerge and it may be ugly....and he won't have the slightest consideration for the FIA or motorsport at that point, it will be all about his ego: very unsavoury.

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Beware the drowning man. He will drag you down with him.

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well put...as usual!

22. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    I think this is descriptive of anyone who seeks power regardless of the venue.

23. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    the latest (and good news)

Mosley rejects renewed quit demands
    The FIA reaching a critical moment
    29/05/08 17:00

Unprecedented focus of the FIA, Mosley

The war involving embattled FIA President Max Mosley continued and intensified this week.

It has emerged that 24 FIA-affiliated automobile clubs wrote a letter to the 68-year-old Briton on Wednesday - less than a week before the crucial confidence vote in Paris next week - requesting his resignation amid the sex scandal.

The letter, referred to by the national news agency The Canadian Press, was in reaction to Mosley's rejection of a compromise that would have ensured a positive vote next Tuesday but paved the way for his peaceful resignation later this year.

"The FIA is in a critical situation. Its image, reputation and credibility are being severely eroded. Every additional day that this situation persists, the damage increases.

"There is no way back," the letter, signed by representatives of the clubs from the US, France, Spain, India, Australia and others, said.

222 secret votes will be cast in Paris next Tuesday.

It is understood that Mosley replied to the 24 clubs - with whom he is believed to have been in conflict long before now - on Thursday, rejecting the notion that the FIA is in crisis just because its president is involved in a scandal about his private life.

The FIA will shortly make a statement about the latest developments.

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I knew that all along: Business F1 has described his horrible MO for years and it became quickly apparent, that this man operates outside of any ethical limits and to some degree outside legal limits as well. He is the absolute worst.

Lets hope for June 3rd. I still believe that there are people in the FIA who have morals and a sense for what is right or wrong.

25. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I just can't imagine where we go from here if Max stays in office.

McLaren/BMW/Toyota/Honda's response was uncommital and "we put this back to the FIA and await swift action on this appalling behaviour", but should Max not get the boot, surely the teams will be forced to speak up.

Surely Max will not suddently start to be accepted at events - so how can he even do the job?

Surely Bernie and Max have a huge rift between them now that is irreperable.. what does that hold for F1's future?

Surely it would mean zero possibility of an F1 race in the USA and other countries in the future, something that Bernie simply cannot allow to happen.

The sheer and utter conceitedness and self-centeredness and downright narcissism displayed by Mosley is disgusting. He would wreck the entire FIA if need be just to have his way. I know it sounds cliche, especially on an Internet forum, but he *really* does remind me of Hitler who was willing to see his own country demolished and even the whole world annihilated before he'd give up. Mosley is cut from the same cloth - in more ways than one, apparently.