MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME | Page 46 | FerrariChat

MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey that was my idea:)

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know, and a cracker...:)

3. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Who you callin a cracker? :)

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    German Bild reports that Mad Max already has a majority of the FIA voters on his side so he will stay in office through 2009 and groom a successor.

I told you guys, this guy has more hanging on power than velcro and ductape combined.

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'm done with F1 if they (FIA) keep that Arrogant Entitled Fool in power. Time to follow motorcycle racing.

7. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not a big surprise considering who put them there and what they owe him. Not to mention that they won't kill their golden goose.

8. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Bild has been known to be very wrong before. Also, Max is a devious scumbag, so I wouldn't put it past him and his cronies at *all* to leak the story that he has the support of the members, so that members who planned to vote against him will be pressured into jumping on the bandwagon, lest they be the dissenting voices ripe for Max's wrath after his position is confirmed.

The unresolved issue is that some members of the FIA have threatened to leave the organization (most notably the AAA) if Max isn't removed from control. That would mean the FIA can not sanction a race in the USA, which could mean no USGP again ever. Also some other member clubs have threatened to quit also. I think that is a possibility that Bernie really cannot allow to happen. Also, McLaren/Mercedes, Toyota, Honda and BMW have all issued statements to the effect of "we are appalled by his behaviour and we await prompt action by the FIA". If no action ends up being taken, it will beg a response from those teams.

There will be more to come on this situation and I am not sure it will be resolved on June 3rd regardless of how the vote goes. I also think Max is a real scumbag who has no hesitation to lie and obfuscate truth to his own ends... so I would not be surprised if the story about him having a majority vote is all BS created by him to entice others to swing that way also. There are a lot of rumors in Max's favor that he has been asked to stay, that he has the votes needed, etc. But the facts are plain as day - that Bernie wanted the teams to sign a letter asking him to resign, that Bernie totally called him out over his claims that F1 could be torn apart, that Max was dis-invited from every GP so far and told not to be seen with anyone of note at Monaco, and that the big F1 teams have expressed their outrage over his actions. IMO there is much more against him and little for him, other than rumors and the upcoming predetermined "ruling" from the special investigator that will say there was no Nazi element to the affair.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    100% behind you on that one!!

10. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Good points all. My point was just that Max has a strong base with the board and while it aint over till its over, its as close to home field advantage as he has.

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Can you say puppets?

12. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    My understanding is that Max has set the agenda for the 03 June meeting and as such not allowed any follow up points or votes to be allowed, meaning even if there is a vote of not confidence there cannot be a follow up vote to remove him from office. There was an article in Autosport Mag a couple of weeks ago that had the full outline, but it seems like its all a political shell game set up by Max. I don't understand how he can even have the nerve to show up at a race when he is clearly unwelcome. He has no shame and thinks is smarter than everyone else.. I really hope he gets more humiliated and thrown out, at this point he is undoing any small amount of good he may have done in the past and making a mockery of the FA,

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Didn't Maxxx say he chose motorsport instead of politics because politics would have been an impractical route due to his his family faschist background....so he was inclined towards a life of scheming and conniving and powerplaying from the get go. Also one intersted article noted how he feels he is slumming it down amongst the peons in the motorsport world, that it is all rerally beneath him, hence his arrogant attitude: I know a few people like that in some old families here in Europe. Out of touch.

14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Made me laugh a quote from Bernie
    "Max has fired a few bullet's , but I've not loaded the gun and I hope it does not come to that"

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jackie Stewart is now saying Max will probably survive this, too bad someone can't give him more of the ze punishment.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know it's amazing..but like Andreas said, he has more hanging on power than velcro and ductape combined ..:D

17. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    To those who believe that competence trumps character: Even that construct doesn't justify keeping Mosley around, does it? His only competence seems to be being a loyal pet monkey to B.E.

Jack.

PS: I noticed the engine manufacturers declined M.M.'s invitation to meet in Monaco. If the manufacturers remain opposed to him (Todt...trying to be relevant again...notwithstanding) it's unlikely he will survive.

18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It is believed that Ecclestone, Formula One’s most significant figure, invited the anxious teams to sign a letter to the FIA, the sport’s governing body, asking for Mosley’s resignation.

Since a sex scandal broke a month ago, the 68-year-old president of the FIA has refused to bow to pressure to step down and has been “uninvited” to Bahrain and Israel.

But Ecclestone, a close friend of Mosley for over 30 years, told the teams that he would only put his name to a proposed letter if they were unanimous – and Ferrari, Toro Ross and, surprisingly, Williams, said they would refuse to sign.

"I know Max as a professional person and I really rate him very highly "
    Michael Schumacher.

That is annoying to say the least.

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67675

WELL WELL...

I thought Maxxx's big loss of face and moment during which his ostrich attitude would be interrupted for good would come as a consequence of some confrontation with fans who feel like we do...but no this snub by he manufacturrers is a unequivocal as they come: the manufacturers simpy refuse to sit around the same table as him. Nothing else to say.

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well Steve, you and Andreas are correct, I don't think this Bozo is going anywhere.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings on June 3rd. As much as I enjoy a case of Stella Artois, I much rather see this idiot gone from power.

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000 when you come out here to South OC, we will have to have a few.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    With the new Jim Russel F3000 Lola racing school I have yet another reason come to your corner. :)

24. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Try the Lola Sports Racer. :D

25. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah I saw those radical looking things a few weeks ago at Infineon. Now I have to fork over the cash to try those too!!!