Matsuda Collection | FerrariChat

Matsuda Collection

Discussion in 'Asia' started by PenP, Feb 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    #1 PenP, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    I'm the proud recent owner of a 1968 Lotus 51a Formula Ford from the Matsuda Collection.

Do any of you folks who have visited the Matsuda Sports Car Museum by any chance have any photos of the car?

Pre 1990, it looked like an original Formula Ford, but some time later, it looked more like a Formula B car, with really wide tires and a Cosworth Twin Cam engine. It is classic British Racing Green with Lotus Yellow stripe. The newer version of the car had a number 53 on it.

Also, if anybody's got a copy of one of the brochures that features this car, I'd love to buy one if possible I'll attach a photo of two brochure covers that I know have the car in it (neither of which I own), and there could be others. I'll also include a shot of the car in its more recent incarnation.

I seem to be having problems posting photos: the brochures are titled: "Matsuda Collection. Sports Car Museum and Classic Car Museum" the other is "Sportscar Museum of Japan. Ferrari Museum of Art" (although that might be the back cover of the first one).

Thanks,

Pen Pendleton
    Los Angeles

anunakki likes this.
  2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi Pen, congratulations! Have you figured how to post pics here yet? Just attach the no of pics from your hardrive & click upload but take care of the resolution. Would love to see your new toy.

I have some pics from Matsuda's museum in magazines or downloaded from the web & not sure if your car will be in there. I'll need to dig when I have the time.

3. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Thanks, unfortunately my inability to post photos rests with the fact that I have filled my "attachment" folder to its quota. I had always been Rosso-subscribed, it I guess it lapsed.

4. lancelotferrari

Apr 2, 2009
    France
    Hi

I'm looking for Ferrari Matsuda grill badge ...

Who was fixed on his cars

Thanks