Master Cylinder Part No. 133576 - 400i, 308, Mondial - For Sale | FerrariChat

Master Cylinder Part No. 133576 - 400i, 308, Mondial - For Sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Oct 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Hello, folks.

My master ace mechanic, Michel Durocher, diagnosed a spongy brake pedal feel down to a worn master cylinder. I found that odd since last year, Gary (Part Time), who owns another 1985 400i and is located about 1 hour away, assisted me with getting the original one replaced with a new one from Superperfomance. While we were at it, the brake booster was rebuilt and the brake reservoir was replaced.

Anyhow, we ordered part no. 133576 from T Rutlands (invoice attached) and upon receipt and install, while pressure testing the system, Michel discovered there was a punctured brake line that had caused the inconsistent pedal feel. So, he placed back the 'original' master cylinder from last year and replaced the brake lines.

I attempted to return the part to T Rutlands after explaining the situation but their policy is to not accept returns if the part(s) have been installed. Therefore, I am selling it was it was installed in my car for less than 1 hour... I am out of the cost for it, so I welcome reasonable offers as its doing no one any good just sitting in a shelf at my place. Please PM to discuss more and thanks!

PS - This is the link from T Rutlands:

https://trutlands.com/shop/product-category/parts/ferrari/mondial-3-2/035-brake-hydraulic-system-for-car-without-antiskid-system/

Not sure why they called it Booster, but the invoice clearly indicates Master Cylinder...

PS - Moderator, kindly transfer thread if necessary as I was uncertain of the website's preference.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hi, Otto.....give all the guys a chance to buy it first, then text me in a week or two if it's still for sale.

Gary