Maserati Mistral Water Pump Electro-magnetic Clutch | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral Water Pump Electro-magnetic Clutch

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Ettore66, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ettore66

Ettore66 Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael Coffman
    The wiring on the rear of the electro-magnetic clutch on my water pump has completely disintegrated. Is any repair possible or is there any possibility of installing an electric fan assembly in the engine bay using the original wiring intended for the magnetic clutch.

Sincere thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    I recently had the same problem with mine. The wire was in tact, but the insulation had fallen apart. I was able to salvage it by cleaning off the old insulation and using two layers of shrink tubing on each wire and then putting silicone sealant around the wires to be sure they did not short out. Even if the wire is broken I am sure you could solder new wires on and the shrink wrap then for insulation

3. Ettore66

Ettore66 Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael Coffman
    Many thanks for your suggestion. I believe I may be able to solder a connection on the red wire, but the strands on the black wire are way too bare. I'm also not certain what the current load on this electro-magnetic clutch, to avoid a possible overheating and potential fire hazard.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi. I had an electric motor refurbishment shop rewind the magnetic clutch stator for my Ghibli A/C drive. It was not expensive. Maybe you have a service like that local to you.
    Best regards.
    Mark.

5. Ettore66

Ettore66 Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael Coffman