Maserati Mistral Fuel Injection Oil Pressure Switch | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral Fuel Injection Oil Pressure Switch

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Ettore66, Nov 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ettore66

Ettore66 Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael Coffman
    I am trying to configure the wiring for the Lucas fuel injection and can't seem to find where where the oil pressure switch fits into the engine block. This is the switch connected to the light on the Lucas injection reset button. Several years ago I purchased this oil pressure switch from M.I.E. listed as Part #79875 (M12x1.5 thread, normally closed, 5 PSI open). I sent an email to their customer service and was told it fits somewhere around the oil filter. Checked everywhere. Just can't find it. The part number for this M.I.E. part does not appear in my parts manual, nor does this switch appear in the parts diagram. Any help or ideas would be sincerely appreciated.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ettore66

Ettore66 Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael Coffman
    Mystery has been solved. Smiths oil temperature sending unit was installed in place of the correct sending unit intended for the Lucas injection. Once I realized that this Smiths sending unit could not possibly connect to the Jaeger mechanical oil temperature gauge and the sending unit above was fitted, everything is back on track.