Maserati MC20 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by superfluous, Jan 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    A nicely spec'd MC20 coupe prices out similar to a Portofino M. The Portofino M is the car I thought my wife would want, but we both thought the MC20 was the better choice. I assume the convertible will be a little higher than the $210k base. No idea how the electric will be priced, but I've read 0 - 60 in 2 seconds. You'd miss the noise of the engine, but the screams from the people in the car would be fairly loud. I like the idea of her getting an MC20 convertible, it gives me an excuse to add an 812 GTS later on.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I didn’t need the back seats. And decided that I wanted a sportier ride instead.

Great that you’ve had her for a long term ownership experience. That says a lot.
    (When Ferrari and Maserati were together, my service center shared some of their service experiences .)

3. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    :)

MalibuGuy likes this.
  4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The younger generation won’t miss the noise. For those who admire Tesla, the M will be something more special.

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Let’s also not forget the pricey options with Ferrari. Most will spend 40-70K even when exercising self -control! Maybe Maserati ifollows the same business model

6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #31 rob5819, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    I've got the price list for the MC20 coupe. Here are some of the higher priced options. The external carbon fiber is the biggest option and it looks amazing in person.

Base MSRP $210,000

Carbon Fibre Roof 5ZR $6,000
    Black Roof 59E $4,000

20-Inch Birdcage Wheels - Glossy Black Diamond Cut 111 $1,500
    20-Inch Corsa Forged Wheels - Matte Dark Miron WSR $5,500
    20-Inch Corsa Forged Wheels - Glossy Dark Miron Diamond Cut 3CV $7,000
    20-Inch Carbon Fiber Wheels 3CW $20,000
    Carbon Ceramic Braking System BRM $10,000

Three-Layer Paint - Blu Infinito 5CC $4,500
    Exclusive Three-Layer Paint - Rosso Vincente 4H5 $10,000
    Exclusive Three-Layer Paint - Giallo Genio 6FW $10,000
    Matte Paint - Bianco Audace 4SA $14,000

Sonus Faber High Premium Sound System (12 Speakers) 4JF $4,000
    4-way (2-way Power) Lightweight Monocoque Racing Seats 60A $7,000

Interior Carbon Fiber Package (Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifters, Carbon Fiber Instrument Cluster Cap, Carbon Fiber Doorsills) 2XX $7,000
    Exterior Carbon Fiber Package (Carbon Fiber Front Splitter, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Carbon Fiber Door and Fender Sills, Carbon Fiber Hood with Body Color Exterior, Dual Pipe Exhaust System Finished in Dark Matte) 2ZC $35,000

The spec I built came in slightly less than a similarly spec'd Portofino M. I did like the ventilated seats and surround view on the Portofino M . . . .

Petrolhead#32 likes this.
  7. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    We've been very lucky. The companies split apart, but my dealer is still San Diego Ferrari Maserati. I see one guy for both cars and he is fantastic. For the Gran Turismo we've had a couple of dead batteries (before I switched all my cars to CTEK 7002 tenders), a broken gas cap, and we just had the tire pressure monitor sensors replaced. My 458 is still on the 7 year maintenance and we've only done normal service plus the passenger side air bag recall. One of the main reasons I'm looking at the MC20 (and hopefully an 812 GTS) is how good the sales/service people are.

54greg and Petrolhead#32 like this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Nice sharing your experiences. I was pretty serious about the then brand new GT. I got a very early spot in the order list for this nee model. My service center shared some sobering experiences with the previous Maserati models. (Bad variators which can quite a bit more of an issue than a battery.) Glad to hear that your GT has been a great reliable ride. Love that!

I do like the look of the MC 20
    Has a nice blend of the classic Maserati DNA and a modern style too.

812 GTS is epic But a very different type of car IMO

How many empty spaces in your garage ? HA!

9. milanojess

milanojess Karting

Nov 26, 2007
    sf bay area
    I cannot say i dig the styling... rumor has it that Dallara and Alfa were to build 6C, a larger cousin of 4C, powered by a 6 cylinder engine. I was a bit shocked when I saw the reveal of mc20.. that steering wheel came from Giulia, and the interior had some of the 4C cues.

But that Nettuno engine with pre chamber for high efficiency and output is intriguing.

Even Maserati now has carbon tub, when are we getting that in our Ferraris? I was expecting that for 488/f8, didn't happen...

Ash Patel and IloveGT like this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

11. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Glad there's another player in the junior supercar segment. But a wasted opportunity. What does this offer that you can't get in the competition? Two less cylinders and a huge question on reliability? If it had an NA engine and a manual it'd have my money and I suspect many others.

You'd think at least one mid engined supercar would have a manual, there's definitely a market for it. With Skyrocketed prices for the last manual supercars and success of manual GT3's you'd think someone would see an opportunity

12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    6c..on my god!

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    As a quad owner I told them I wanted to get on the list if they made a rear engine 8C with the quad drivetrain:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

they already had a rear engine carbon tub they could stretch, the engine, trans, carbon brakes, electronics, etc... if they gave the engineers some play time like Dodge did letting the Viper team tinker, this could have been magic.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have no interest. Nice car, but not sure why I would need it. To me it competes with the cheaper Porsches etc. You buy that if you cannot afford an F8 and want a new car. I'd take a used 488 in a heartbeat if I was on a budget.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

IloveGT likes this.
  15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    holy cow!!!!!

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    what do you think of Alfa 6c?

17. Iceblue

Iceblue Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2012
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Olivier Perault
    I placed an order for my Cielo back in August 22 ,still no news. I am due to visit the factory the first week in May 23